Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

5s Very slow

• 26-10-2014 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Ever since iOS8 it's been crawling along and after all the recent updates it's still very slow 😖

What can I do to speed it back up? It's a 64g and has a good bit of space left.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Try erasing all content and settings and restoring from an iCloud backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Potus

Zcott wrote: »
    Try erasing all content and settings and restoring from an iCloud backup.

Try switching your time to 24 hour format and you shud see a difference. Let me know if it speeds up tings for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Potus wrote: »
    Try switching your time to 24 hour format and you shud see a difference. Let me know if it speeds up tings for you.

That's a weird one! Phone was already in the 24hr fornat tho..

Done a full restore yesterday and pages are loading much quicker now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Have you a source for this actually working?

Zcott wrote: »
    Have you a source for this actually working?

Yes. Mine. Phone was dead slow after each software update and by switching to 24 hour format I noticed a snappier performance.

• Advertisement

That's a weird one! Phone was already in the 24hr fornat tho..

Done a full restore yesterday and pages are loading much quicker now

If you use 24 hour format try switching to 12 hour format and see if you notice any difference. It something to do with the way iOS reports time. I don't understand it but it works for me. Worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Yes. Mine. Phone was dead slow after each software update and by switching to 24 hour format I noticed a snappier performance.
    If you use 24 hour format try switching to 12 hour format and see if you notice any difference. It something to do with the way iOS reports time. I don't understand it but it works for me. Worth a shot.

Not a chance on this earth will that mod make a difference to a phone's performance.

dodzy wrote: »
    Not a chance on this earth will that mod make a difference to a phone's performance.

Grand so, if you insist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Grand so, if you insist.

Can you show anywhere else that recommends this "fix"?

guil wrote: »
    Can you show anywhere else that recommends this "fix"?

All I can say is that I had a very slow 5s after updating to iOS 8 and by changing the time format to 24 hour it speeded it up no end with no lagging issues. No other change were made. Op asked for any suggestions as to how to speed up her device. I gave one. It might or it might not work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

All I can say is that I had a very slow 5s after updating to iOS 8 and by changing the time format to 24 hour it speeded it up no end with no lagging issues. No other change were made. Op asked for any suggestions as to how to speed up her device. I gave one. It might or it might not work.
    Change your format back to 12hr as an exercise. There will be no difference.

dodzy wrote: »
    Change your format back to 12hr as an exercise. There will be no difference.

Actually there will be a slower response from the phone if I do that. Have you anyrhing you can actually suggest for the OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Rang apple this morning as it started getting slower again.

They advised 2 things

1 - disable 4g and then a hard reset.

2 - back up phone and then set up phone as a new device

Option 1 is working for me so far!

Rang apple this morning as it started getting slower again.

They advised 2 things

1 - disable 4g and then a hard reset.

2 - back up phone and then set up phone as a new device

Option 1 is working for me so far!

Hope it sorts out the problem for you. I had the exact same problem and my original suggestion worked for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Actually there will be a slower response from the phone if I do that. Have you anyrhing you can actually suggest for the OP?

I just changed my 5s to 12 hour and guess what??? Absolutely nothing changed. It was a simple coincidence, nothing more.

guil wrote: »
    I just changed my 5s to 12 hour and guess what??? Absolutely nothing changed. It was a simple coincidence, nothing more.

Well it solved my phones lagging performance and I was trying to help OP

Advertisement