Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPod Repair (in Dublin preferably)

• 26-10-2014 11:31am

Hi folks,

I have a 160GB iPod Classic and the harddrive seems to have failed. I posted about it here before and it's seemingly possible, albeit difficult, to replace the harddrive myself. I'm wondering if there's somewhere I could leave it in to be repaired? I could provide a new harddrive myself if that would be cheaper. Alternatively, how difficult is it to open the iPod and go about it myself? It's getting the device open that worries me; replacing the drive would be no issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Gsm solutions on abbey street could probably do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I thought that name was banned here...
    You could try syncron.ie they're near blanchardstown or e-tech.ie in dundrum

flyguy wrote: »
    I thought that name was banned here...
    You could try syncron.ie they're near blanchardstown or e-tech.ie in dundrum

I used them for a water damaged ipod and it's still working fine nearly 4 months later.

Maybe they've gotten their act together. Which iPod and how much was it if I may ask?

80gb 5th generation ipod classic, €75.

• Advertisement

Not bad. Reason I asked is that most don't know that apple generally fix (read replace) devices with water damage at a fee. Often it's cheaper than brining it to a repair shop and you'll have a new device on top of it.
    Can't see pricing for yours, only classic mentioned is 2009 160GB, that's €140.30 though so I guess that repair wasn't a bad deal.

Advertisement