Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stove to heat room/house

• 26-10-2014 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Hey

Wondering if this would work. Have standard fireplace in sitting room, it is very poor at even heating the room. Was looking at stoves as maybe an option but was thinking when changing it would it be worth seeing if I could put in option to heat the radiators. I have a brand new gas system so really it is just to top that up

First issue, there is no back boiler at the moment and the fireplace is in sitting room, there is no pipes close to it so I was thinking of running the pipes up the chimney flue and then into the attic, the gas boiler is in the attic, just wondering would this work? I guess it would once I put in a pump?

Next issue is what type of boiler would work and any idea's of price? any recommendations? looking for multifuel so I can fire in coal/turf/timber etc

Just found the following with price but not sure if good/if price good?
    http://www.goodwins.ie/p-29129-dimplex-westcott-wst21xb-21kw-boiler-stove.aspx

Know anyone who would do installation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

any ideas guys??? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Knockieranlady

Big Nelly wrote: »
    any ideas guys??? Thanks

We bought a 30kw Green stove about three years ago to replace a solid fuel cooker. Best thing we ever bought, heats three bedroom bungalow with 15 rads ( double rad =2). It's the only heating source and keeps the house very warm. Available for €1099 at the moment. There is a place in baltinglass that stocks them, Google green stoves Ireland and you will see sizes and prices. I can highly recommend these stoves. I'm sure they are readily available in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

We bought a 30kw Green stove about three years ago to replace a solid fuel cooker. Best thing we ever bought, heats three bedroom bungalow with 15 rads ( double rad =2). It's the only heating source and keeps the house very warm. Available for €1099 at the moment. There is a place in baltinglass that stocks them, Google green stoves Ireland and you will see sizes and prices. I can highly recommend these stoves. I'm sure they are readily available in Ireland

Cheers, will have a look

Advertisement