Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insulation (cavity wall and attic)

• 26-10-2014 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Hi I know this has been asked before but just looking for a recommendation for someone that has recently got there house insulated Cavity wall and attic.
    And if possible what was the cost (semi detached house)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

BrendanD wrote: »
    Hi I know this has been asked before but just looking for a recommendation for someone that has recently got there house insulated Cavity wall and attic.
    And if possible what was the cost (semi detached house)

Allow €13/m2 of external wall for pumped cavity and €15 a m2 for insulation in the attic. If you do the insulation in the attic yourself reduce that to €3.50.

Ring up the guys in tait house or complete insulation. Remember check out SEAI for grants for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Hiya BrenD,

Have some paint handy to paint over the drill holes, easier to do this while they have the ladders etc.

If you are using your attic for storage, you might want to raise the floorboards before they blow in the insulation so that you can put a floor down later. Or have a think about getting the attic spray foamed and turning it into a warm zone. Remember to put the vent channels in up along the breathing membrane.

Let the neighbours know, because as soon as they arrive the drilling starts.

I used Southern Insulation Services, they were grand, clean and tidy.

Made a huge difference to the house.

Advertisement