Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank statements to person who has never lived at our address

Options
  • 26-10-2014 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Got a stack of mail the last day including bank statements, credit card statements etc. The BOI statements are always immediately identifiable from the PO Box return address. Anyway, started opening the envelope only to realize it wasn't addressed to me. It was addressed to an Asian name.

Now - we live in a 15 year old estate that is pretty tight. No one of that name has ever lived at this address or even on the street from asking around.

So - I suppose I'm vaguely concerned here. Has someone managed to open an account using our address? Could this have ramifications for us? Who do I report this to?

Cheers
    Quad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Have you checked to make sure no ones living in the cupboard?.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

quad_red wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Got a stack of mail the last day including bank statements, credit card statements etc. The BOI statements are always immediately identifiable from the PO Box return address. Anyway, started opening the envelope only to realize it wasn't addressed to me. It was addressed to an Asian name.

Now - we live in a 15 year old estate that is pretty tight. No one of that name has ever lived at this address or even on the street from asking around.

So - I suppose I'm vaguely concerned here. Has someone managed to open an account using our address? Could this have ramifications for us? Who do I report this to?

Cheers
    Quad

Return to sender all letters and if you like contact the bank yourself also.

I would only worry if in your name and you didn't have account with said bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi folks,

Cheers
    Quad
    Good morning Quad, 

Many thanks for contacting us on Boards.

If you would like to send us a DM with your name, contact number and the branch where you hold your account, we will be happy to arrange for a representative to contact you. 

Thanks

Billy  

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Sorry lads, ye just tried to PM me but my inbox is full.

Have emptied space out. Please try again.

Cheers,
    Quad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Sorry lads, ye just tried to PM me but my inbox is full.

Have emptied space out. Please try again.

Cheers,
    Quad
    Hi Quad, 

I've sent the PM again. 

Thanks

Billy

• Advertisement
Advertisement