Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any comment from local Wicklow SF members re recent allegations

• 26-10-2014 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭

Have any of our local SF reps in Bray have commented on the Maria Cahill allegations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Wouldn't really be something for the wicklow forum is would think politics? Is there something specific you want to ask/say to our local sinn fein councillor as you seem a little obsessed with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I havent seen anything official but there has been some local attempts to downplay it all and claim trial by media.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Should there be some sort of statement? I mean I don't see that it is the responsibility of every single Sinn Fein Councillor in the island of Ireland to come out and make a statement of one sort or another on every news item relating to Sinn Fein/Gerry Adams etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

hdowney wrote: »
    Should there be some sort of statement? I mean I don't see that it is the responsibility of every single Sinn Fein Councillor in the island of Ireland to come out and make a statement of one sort or another on every news item relating to Sinn Fein/Gerry Adams etc.

I just wonder if they believe Adam's or the victim.

They put out so many press releases that it seems odd to me that they don't cover something as important as this.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

zoobizoo wrote: »
    I just wonder if they believe Adam's or the victim.

I would expect that a statement from a SF representative will align perfectly with the official SF position. It will not give you any insight into that individual's private thoughts on the matter.

This discussion would be better suited to the Politics Forum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement