Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Bikes you'd secretly love a go on, but slag them off in front of your mates

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I've just spat out my cornflakes!! Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

I would love a go on this, although parking might be an issue :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO0pAmliyVY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

^^
    Reverse gear though, nuff said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I did some advance training.

Instructor said I'd be on a Bandit for the training and then some on my own bike which is a HD Softail. I was a little meh about the whole bandit and that style of bike. Did some cone training etc and then went out on the road. After about 2hrs I was loving the Bandit. Strange as I've always just hated that style of bike so it really opened my eyes.

DubVelo wrote: »
    C90
    ...or a Honda Valkyrie

1257767014_368_FT9173_122_0309_06z2004_honda_valkyrieside_view.jpg

I saw one of these on a spin down west cork last year, stunning machine. Lovely noise off it too. I'd love a go on one. And it's called a rune, the valkyries an older bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

For the sheer size of it - a Victory Cross...tour ?...country ?... whatever, just the size of the thing. .

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The Rune has something different about it alright. My da had an F6, he wanted to love it but never really did. Somthing about it was a bit off. A bit like his son

Cienciano wrote: »
    The Rune has something different about it alright. My da had an F6, he wanted to love it but never really did. Somthing about it was a bit off. A bit like his son

ditto a friend of mine in Galway - a Vaklyrie is an oddball beast to ride alright. I don't mind the big & heavy, but it handled like a wheelbarrow - brutal.

6 open pipes on his were head-wrecker.

Fond of juice too - mid 30's mpg.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chippy01

galwaytt wrote: »
    ditto a friend of mine in Galway - a Vaklyrie is an oddball beast to ride alright. I don't mind the big & heavy, but it handled like a wheelbarrow - brutal.

6 open pipes on his were head-wrecker.

Fond of juice too - mid 30's mpg.

Yes and no, galwaytt.

Yes, the Valk is different - oddball if you wish;
    yes, it is big and heavy (in Interstate form, not so much the Standard and Tourer);
    handles like a wheelbarrow?? - mine doesn't, and my OH doesn't think it's anywhere near wheelbarrowish. Runs like it's on rails;
    big YES, it is thirsty! Six carbs suck a lot of go-go juice.

I've had my Valk for 7 years, and as of yet have seen nothing that would replace her.
    And as for the sound of the six into six drag pipes - sweeeeeeeeet!!!!

Chippy01 wrote: »
    Yes and no, galwaytt.

Yes, the Valk is different - oddball if you wish;
    yes, it is big and heavy (in Interstate form, not so much the Standard and Tourer);
    handles like a wheelbarrow?? - mine doesn't, and my OH doesn't think it's anywhere near wheelbarrowish. Runs like it's on rails;
    big YES, it is thirsty! Six carbs suck a lot of go-go juice.

I've had my Valk for 7 years, and as of yet have seen nothing that would replace her.
    And as for the sound of the six into six drag pipes - sweeeeeeeeet!!!!

My friends could have had handling issues unique to his - not been on another to compare. I would admit to being surprised at how odd his was, so entirely possible there was something amiss with his.

The pipes are sweet alright...........for all of 15 minutes. Then it's Solpadeine time !

Ode To The Motorist

• Advertisement
Advertisement