Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Can I have multiple users on an Ipad

• 26-10-2014 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Was looking at getting an IPad 'for the family'. Son in effect any one of 4 of us could pick it up and use it. Question .. Is there a separate user login facility on IPad?? So in effect.... I can check my email, surf my favourites etc and log out when finished. And wife can log in later and can check her email later without seeing all my emails as well?? Am I asking too much from an IPad???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

No such thing as user accounts on iPad. You can use family sharing though.

https://www.apple.com/ie/ios/ios8/family-sharing/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Family Sharing assumes multiple devices, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭squonk

iOS is single user oriented. There are no user accounts and, while you could set up multiple mailboxes for your family, everybody gets to see mail sent/received by everyone else. I'd bet that multi-user support will be one of the items they introduct with iOS 9. I'd still expect it to be limited though and, if they do something, it probably won't really mature til iOS 10 anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Android Tablets support this. I think Apple would prefer you to buy multiple iPads :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

No multiple user facility available on IOS, besides having multiple accounts would fill the thing pretty quickly.
    If you use gmail you can just sign in and out of the gmail app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Masala wrote: »
    Am I asking too much from an IPad?
    Yes you are :D
    However, with a jailbroken pad the app "iUsers" can be used. I haven't used it myself so don't know how well it'd fit your needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭Masala

Well - I suppose if we all are Gmail or Hotmail email addresses.... we could just log in and out of these and read our emails on line inside Gmail.com or Hotmail.com. Therefore - there will be no 'downloading' of emails for others to read!!

That sounds like a solution - have no downloaded email!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭caolfx

Masala wrote: »
    Well - I suppose if we all are Gmail or Hotmail email addresses.... we could just log in and out of these and read our emails on line inside Gmail.com or Hotmail.com. Therefore - there will be no 'downloading' of emails for others to read!!

That sounds like a solution - have no downloaded email!

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

BadPanda wrote: »

Or use different mail apps.

For example Gmail app for user 1
    and Apple mail app with their settings for user 2.

It's not that complicated really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

caolfx wrote: »

Would be clever to have multiples of the same app. ie separate gmail.app for each user

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

I was hoping that they would add multiple user accounts in iOS 8..

Advertisement