Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about PS3?

Options
  • 26-10-2014 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭

I'm planning on selling my PS3 in the future and I'm wondering about all my details on the console. If I simply delete my user profile, will that be enough to get rid of everything? Or do need I to restore the PS3 or something like that.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You can restore to factory settings or something similar that will delete everything. Don't have my PS3 to hand to check exactly what it is/says in the settings menue.
    A quick way is to turn off auto sign in option and delete your profile. All your games, saves and other stuff will still be there unless you delete it all manually but one one can see or do anything with the console that will effect you. Any payment details are saved on the PSN servers linked to your profile.

Me personally, I don't see any point of selling a PS3 at this stage for a few reasons. 1) You won't really get much for it. 2) There are still some decent games coming out for it and 3) If you ever want to go back and play a few classics until the PS4 streaming service gets up to speed.

Advertisement