Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donore Harriers Jingle Bells 5k 06/12/2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

You should be able to park on Chapelizod road.

Is there not parking in Garda boat club?

Email for the Donore said no parking on the road!!!

What time would i need to get there for that, where be good?

Please visit our website for Race Day Information and Info on Number Collection.
    (Apologies cannot post urls at the minute).

www(dot)donoreharriers(dot)com/jingle-bells-5k/jingle-bells-5k-important-race-day-information

With regard to parking we have to follow the directions of the Gardai and the OPW. Due to the fact that we are at the start of the Christmas season there can be more traffic on the roads and markets are open in Farmleigh. There is no parking along the course but there is parking in the many car parks within the Phoenix Park. There is also parking along the Chesterfield avenue from just past the The Phoenix Monument down to the roundabout at Wellington Road. The Garda Boat Club is available to us for parking too. It is 1KM from our Clubhouse and a 20 min walk approximately from the race start via Chapelizod Gate. Along as people allow plenty of time and read the info in the link above it should be smooth enough.

Looking forward to seeing you all there. I think the weather is to be favourable.

Sure i use the garda club. Nice warm up and warm down to it.

Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Sure i use the garda club. Nice warm up and warm down to it.

Thanks

Close to Donore too...and my kitchen is starting to smell like chocolate and cake today ;)

Close to Donore too...and my kitchen is starting to smell like chocolate and cake today ;)

So what you making for me. My Fav is a black forest Gateux!!

If ye have that the race will get 5 stars no matter what!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Bit confused by the email.
    Is there sections of Chesterfield avenue that will remain open? That's usually where I'd park for any run in the area.

• Advertisement

Bit confused by the email.
    Is there sections of Chesterfield avenue that will remain open? That's usually where I'd park for any run in the area.

The bits that are not race on will probably be open

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Last min entry a few mins before midnight ha. Only back from a chest infection, but a decent performance at a local 3k and only a fraction off a pb there means it would be a shame not to miss this opportunity on such a quick course!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Giving a windy morning tomorrow, wonder is that part of the park quite exposed?

pconn062 wrote: »
    Giving a windy morning tomorrow, wonder is that part of the park quite exposed?

Hopefully not against us on chesterfield ave.

Be nice to have it behind us at that park instead

pac_man wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind doing this race. Does anyone know if I can pay at the Donore clubhouse in the morning?

I think it depends if they have reached their entry limit, on the day entry is €25. Maybe Donore Harriers can tell us if the entry is full?

• Advertisement

News here on the elite field:

http://jumpingthegun.ie/blog/2014/12/5/jingle-bells-5km-set-for-cracking-competition

Women's race should be awesome, Mary Cullen, Maria McCambridge and Ciara Mageean.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Good luck to all racing this in the morning.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Good luck to all racing this in the morning.

You in or out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Have fun at the race tomorrow!

I'll have my twitter name on my back as usual. You can't miss me :D Give me a shout as you run past me (which you all probably will!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

You in or out?

I'm going to decide at 10:55am tomorrow :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Weather is pretty decent luckily enough.Time to trot down to the start,best of luck folks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

Finish line all set up and ready to do the start area. Will post once I have results on line at www.championchipireland.com

First few hundred online shortly

A bit of an eye opener for me.Haven't run any races after DCM in the same year since 2008 or a 5k for 2.5 years and was a bit wary before it.Worst ever 5k by over 2 minutes but just what i need to show me how woefully slow i am and the proper kick in the hole for 2015!
    Well organised and a decent mug,i didn't hear a whistle or horn or anything at the start though -maybe i missed it. A hideous 24'05 :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Is this link working for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

gerard_65 wrote: »
    Is this link working for anyone else?

Theres a typo there. Try http://www.championchipireland.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I forgot how painful a 5km is :)

Great way to start the weekend, race as usual was well run and I have another mug for my collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

16.03, 16sec pb! Over the moon, totally against the run of form with flus/chest infections etc hindering my training last 3 months, I guess this is the beauty of athletics, ya just never know what's around the corner, never a dull moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Pwindedd wrote: »
    I'm doing this one to see if I can do the whole running on my own thing. There's a crew of us in work doing the run in the dark on 12th Nov. We've been training together - but this one is just for me. I think I like running - I'm hoping this will prove it. See you all there.

What a great morning. I've come to the conclusion I do like running...but only once I cross the finish line. I did my Run in the Dark in 39.46. Just did this in 34.50 that's a five minute improvement in just 4 weeks. So I'm well chuffed. Didn't run at all 3 months ago.

Loved the band at the start line. Well done to all the organisers - and I love my mug, will have pride of place on my desk come Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Finished in 39:42 which for me is great! As long as I under 40 mins now I'm happy. :) I decided last night to just relax and enjoy the race without worrying about times or PB. I really did enjoy it, love the mug and will definitely do this again next year! Will post a longer race report on my blog this afternoon.

Didn't see any boardsies though but sure you were probably all gone by the time I finished :D

There were 2 horns at the start which went exactly at 11am. Great race, well organised and a pleasure to work at.
    hawkwing wrote: »
    A bit of an eye opener for me.Haven't run any races after DCM in the same year since 2008 or a 5k for 2.5 years and was a bit wary before it.Worst ever 5k by over 2 minutes but just what i need to show me how woefully slow i am and the proper kick in the hole for 2015!
    Well organised and a decent mug,i didn't hear a whistle or horn or anything at the start though -maybe i missed it. A hideous 24'05 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Very enjoyable race, very well organised and great atmosphere, well done again, Donore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

20:20, only previous 5k was 22:12.
    Sub 20 is a realistic goal.
    Feel banjaxed now though.

No t-shirts? Daughter loved the mug though.

Advertisement