Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Holland, Germany.

Options
  • 27-10-2014 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, am planning a trip next July to Holland, and possibly a few days in Germany. Can anyone advise me if I should go from Hull to Rotterdam or Harwich to Hook of Holland?
    Pro's and Con's of each. We are heading to southern Holland, Panningen , to begin with. thanks in advance.N

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Hi all, am planning a trip next July to Holland, and possibly a few days in Germany. Can anyone advise me if I should go from Hull to Rotterdam or Harwich to Hook of Holland?
    Pro's and Con's of each. We are heading to southern Holland, Panningen , to begin with. thanks in advance.N

Went to Poland in 2012 with 2 drivers.
    Left Dublin on IF to HH 2130 I think. Drove direct to Dover and was in Calais by midday and Arnhem by the middle of the afternoon. Camped just outside Archer . How many and what age are travelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Two adults and a ten year old. With a fiat Ducato based motorhome.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Morgan The Moon

I do the Harwich- Hook Van Holland trip regularly, if your in the Stena Club you get discounts off both legs of the journey. To be added after you sail. You can use the discounts against your return journey. Check out the land bridge price and conditions they may suit you.
    I have found that if I book the Ireland - Wales leg on the Irish website, it is sometimes cheaper. Then book the the Harwich - Holland leg on the UK web site. Sometimes there is a big difference than the land-bridge price.

Tip: You can park up overnight in the check inn area in Harwich no problems. If you take the morning ferry you do not need to book a cabin, the night time ferry to Holland requires a cabin to be booked.

Morg.

Advertisement