Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My baby is in pain and curling up.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Having been through it on my 1st too .
    The hospital had me pumping and topping up on day 2 and I never had enough milk for her ever . I was feeding her on demand and because she was starving , I was constantly feeding and I never got a good supply .
    This was not the experience on all of mine though.
    I have to go through this thread so closing it .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Sclosages wrote: »
    Babies lose a percentage of weight in the first few days after birth. THAT is normal. Then they start to gain weight. It is NOT NORMAL to be 9% down on birth-weight, 10 days after birth.
    Cracked nipples ARE PAR for the course on first pregnancies as there is no-one to teach a new mother how to latch on. It is a painful learning curve!
    Infacol and morphine or horse tranquilisers? lol. I suggest you're possibly on the latter two!

Do not feed the Troll

I am no re-opening this thread.

We all know breastfeeding is best for baby but none of us are in a position to advise the op about what to do and a lactation consultant and doctor have already been consulted.
    We can all talk of our personal experience but I think it is all medical advice now.
    There is a difference between correct weight gain for breast fed babies and loosing weight rapidly and the stress on the mother is not going to be helped by some of the replies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement