Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any advice

Options
  • 27-10-2014 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

hi, my lo got his mmr school jab on Tuesday and on Friday night he got sick all over our bedroom. I don't know if it's connected but he's much better now. The reason I'm writing this is because I got the vanish carpet cleaner out straight away and scrubbed and I've done it twice since but there's still a smell of vomit in my bedroom. does anyone have any home/miracle remedies to get rid of this? tbh it has been a while since any of us has been that sick and we've luckily never had a carpet accident. I'd appreciate any tips;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Daffodil.d wrote: »
    hi, my lo got his mmr school jab on Tuesday and on Friday night he got sick all over our bedroom. I don't know if it's connected but he's much better now. The reason I'm writing this is because I got the vanish carpet cleaner out straight away and scrubbed and I've done it twice since but there's still a smell of vomit in my bedroom. does anyone have any home/miracle remedies to get rid of this? tbh it has been a while since any of us has been that sick and we've luckily never had a carpet accident. I'd appreciate any tips;-)

Rug Doctor. You can rent it from some of the bigger Tescos and some DIY places for about €25 a day. My second fella was a fierce vomiter up to about 1.5 years, and a run of it every few months always got the carpet back clean. That said, we have cheap carpet that would wash pretty well; not sure how it would go on more luxurious wool that could be prone to shrinking/stretching if wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Baking powder! Search on youtube for what to do. Very good for eliminating vomit and wee smells!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

bicarbonate soda is what you need, it can be in baking powder too I think. Dissolve some in hot water with washing up liquid and clean away! Also if there is stains left, Vanish carpet cleaner is really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

thank you. I knew there was something I could make myself:-D seems to be a little less smelly today but ill still try this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

If the carpet is not wet or damp just sprinkle the bread/bicarb soda onto the stain, leave it for an hour or so and then vacuum it off use it dry, not wet. The soda is also great for a smelly bin ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement