Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

YBIG vs the FAI

• 27-10-2014 2:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.ybig.ie/scotland-ticketing-statement.1.854.news.html

Usual Ireland fans didnt get tickets for the Scotland, one lad i know and as far as i know he has been to every ireland game ever. Didnt get tickets for this one.
    In previous meetings between the FAI and site members, detailed proposals were presented for an away ticketing scheme. These was rejected by the FAI,

These lads are the ireland fans you see at every away game Davy Keogh etc:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

dreamers75 wrote: »
    http://www.ybig.ie/scotland-ticketing-statement.1.854.news.html

Usual Ireland fans didnt get tickets for the Scotland, one lad i know and as far as i know he has been to every ireland game ever. Didnt get tickets for this one.

These lads are the ireland fans you see at every away game Davy Keogh etc:

Very bad form when the regularly goers to away games do not get priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

FAI were only given 3000 tickets and there was demand above and beyond this, so not really sure how they can keep ybig.ie happy.

Not even sure the FAI should be trying to keep ybig.ie happy to be honest; personally have been to 5 away games without feeling the need to join their site - they do seem like good people and genuine fans and all that but do they really have some special entitlement that puts them above other Irish fans that regularly travel to games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

This sounds no different to the Dublin GAA fans who travel all around Ireland watching games and when it comes to the all-Ireland final they struggle to get a ticket. These big organisations don't care about the loyal fan any more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This is how modern football works, and how the world works, I'm afraid.

At the end of the day, there will always be people who get tickets for the big games who never attend any others, either through the fact that they can afford to pay top dollar or else they have good contacts.

It would be great that all those who never miss an Ireland game, home or away, are catered for. Its the least the FAI could do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Supply and demand.

Why should they, or anybody else, get preferential treatment?

They went to the last game and? They paid their ticket and got to watch the game. That's what the ticket is for. Not for other games.

Supporters need to realise they are just customers and they are owed nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Supply and demand.

They went to the last game and? They paid their ticket and got to watch the game. That's what the ticket is for. Not for other games.

Aye?
    Anyone who runs any sort of business will tell you that you need to look after your return custom. It's your regular customers who keep the bills payed during the lean times.
    Football, if we're discussing fans as customers is absolutely no different. Where would the FAI be without these lads heading for the Aviva for dull, usually overpriced friendlies or matches against the likes of San Marino - or the upcoming Gibraltar match?

It's not hard to figure out why everything from coffee shops to car dealerships have loyalty schemes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Eirebear wrote: »
    Aye?
    Anyone who runs any sort of business will tell you that you need to look after your return custom. It's your regular customers who keep the bills payed during the lean times.
    Football, if we're discussing fans as customers is absolutely no different. Where would the FAI be without these lads heading for the Aviva for dull, usually overpriced friendlies or matches against the likes of San Marino - or the upcoming Gibraltar match?

It's not hard to figure out why everything from coffee shops to car dealerships have loyalty schemes.

Yeh I was going to write a post like that myself, but knew someone else would get to it before me as it was just plain obvious :pac:

APM wrote: »
    These big organisations don't care about the loyal fan any more

True, but on the other hand most of them are run by people who don't feel the need to throw their ties and buy pints for the fans when the cameras are on them, to show that they're one of the lads.

The only good thing about Delaney talking about his love life is that it stops him banging on about the fans.

Loyal fans should always be looked after first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Doesn't quite work on football.

If a cat dealership etc don't treat their customers right they will choose a different dealership.

Football supporters don't work like that. They have their team and in most cases will stick with them no matter what. Lack of tickets, ybig will be the 1st on line for the next game.

FAI know this and exploit it. They already have ybig locked in, they are focusing on getting new customers

• Advertisement

As George Orwell said, "All fans are equal, but some fans are more equal that others".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Supply and demand.

this is complete bulls*it. these fans went to georgia, kaza, moscow and all the other far reach places while 1000s of fair weather fans sat at home on their a**es.

now all of a sudden, the plastic "fans" want to go to the game because its on in Celtic Park and are being given tickets.

im one of the biggest FAI defenders on here, but this is a farce and theres no excuse for it - there should be a proper loyalty pot and these fans should be looked after first, then everybody else next.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Maybe the (fair weather) fans could not afford an away match to the likes if Moscow etc. but as this away match is only 30mins on a plane or get a boat etc it's cheaper to get too and can afford it now. The worlds not going to end if you don't get a ticket. Put the money you were going to spend away for Christmas and buy a loved one something special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

ssshhh123 wrote: »
    Maybe the (fair weather) fans could not afford an away match to the likes if Moscow etc. but as this away match is only 30mins on a plane or get a boat etc it's cheaper to get too and can afford it now. The worlds not going to end if you don't get a ticket. Put the money you were going to spend away for Christmas and buy a loved one something special.

Seriously some people spend thousands of euros following Ireland to far flung parts of Europe. They block buy tickets for home games so they can try and create an atmosphere and now a load of "fans" who probably haven't even gone as far as the Aviva this year get tickets before them.

It is an absolute disgrace went to all the home games for years and the FAI screwed me a few years ago when they dropped prices for everyone except those who block booked. Haven't gone to a game since and I know a few fans who may do likewise after this cluster ****.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

*shakes head* :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,428 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Any loyal fan is going to get a ticket for any game if they are that interested in going.

Firstly if they are regular antendees at games the they will have meet other regulars.
    They would have built up a network with these and would be able to help each other out for tickets etc.

Secondly if they really want to go then they will put in the effort to go to any and every possible source to find tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

Ive a feeling the tickets have gone to corperate sponsers and will be dished out to their customers.

I think the fai are wrong but if some really big sponsor such as Siemens who own a box and plough another 100k per year in wanted it the fai are in a tough position as ybig are never going to drum up that kind of money to the fai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

What money?? Flights hotels etc have all been paid for. I'm a season ticket holder myself and I don't think I'll be renewing. I'll just pick and choose games in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Lads ,if ye look fully into what has happened its not just a case of people complaining because they didnt get tickets.
    People who went to Georgia away were promised tickets by FAI staff members when they collected their tickets .A record was kept or so they were told.
    A ticket system was presented to the FAI about 18 months ago that was fair and transparent but they did nothing about it.
    People arent just unhappy about not receiving a ticket,as there was always going to be people not sorted.They are unhappy about the set up and lack of transparency.
    People who have been regular and loyal fans have got shafted.

Any loyal fan is going to get a ticket for any game if they are that interested in going.

Firstly if they are regular antendees at games the they will have meet other regulars.
    They would have built up a network with these and would be able to help each other out for tickets etc.

Secondly if they really want to go then they will put in the effort to go to any and every possible source to find tickets
    You haven't a clue what you are talking about.

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    Lads ,if ye look fully into what has happened its not just a case of people complaining because they didnt get tickets.
    People who went to Georgia away were promised tickets by FAI staff members when they collected their tickets .A record was kept or so they were told.
    A ticket system was presented to the FAI about 18 months ago that was fair and transparent but they did nothing about it.
    People arent just unhappy about not receiving a ticket,as there was always going to be people not sorted.They are unhappy about the set up and lack of transparency.
    People who have been regular and loyal fans have got shafted.

I'm more annoyed about the timing. Was lots of Scotland tickets available from Scottish FA up until a week ago. The FAI waited until 3 weeks before game to send rejection emails. This could have been done months ago before people had booked flights hotels etc.
    The FAI are a shambles of an organisation

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Absolute shambles by the FAI. I'm on ybig but by no means a regular poster but this isn't about ybig though. It's about the fact that sponsors, travel agents and supporters clubs were all given preferential treatment over fans who travel to nearly every away game. I've no problem with supporters clubs getting tickets in a properly run system btw. My local club won't even accept new members into their club(7 people is more than enough apparently), so I'm not sure how I am supposed to get tickets via them.

The other gripe I have is that the FAI have known for months that they were getting 3,200 tickets and chose to email everyone on the Friday evening of a bank holiday weekend, 3 weeks before the game. They also happily held onto our deposit money despite knowing we'd not be getting a ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

FAI in shafting loyal supporters in favour of blow ins shocker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

irish_goat wrote: »
    Absolute shambles by the FAI. I'm on ybig but by no means a regular poster but this isn't about ybig though. It's about the fact that sponsors, travel agents and supporters clubs were all given preferential treatment over fans who travel to nearly every away game. I've no problem with supporters clubs getting tickets in a properly run system btw. My local club won't even accept new members into their club(7 people is more than enough apparently), so I'm not sure how I am supposed to get tickets via them.

The other gripe I have is that the FAI have known for months that they were getting 3,200 tickets and chose to email everyone on the Friday evening of a bank holiday weekend, 3 weeks before the game. They also happily held onto our deposit money despite knowing we'd not be getting a ticket.

the whole deposit system is a shambles. i applied for tickets for the Germany game at the start of June, and was waiting for an email asking for a deposit. after a month i emailed the FAI with no response, then called twice, first occasion 'the girl was out', second occasion, the people who deal with ticketing 'were in a meeting for the rest of the day'.
    finally got a name to contact who told me that the application date was closed.
    then went to the german FA website and got the tickets in a few minutes.

3 weeks before the game i got an email asking for the deposit again.

they need to take back the system from ticketmaster, but i'd imagine there's a few squids in it for both of them so very unlikely.

If a cat dealership etc don't treat their customers right they will choose a different dealership.

A cat dealership?

Is John getting some pu...actually, that's too obvious and mean...

yabadabado wrote: »
    You haven't a clue what you are talking about.
    Don't I ?

IMO the "loyal","regular"," real" fans get tickets cos they know others like themselves who look out for tickets for each other and they are willing to put in the leg work required to find a ticket for a heavely over subscribed game.

The people on the other hand who give out the most about "suits" etc are the ones who go to occasional games and then are pissed off when they don't get a ticket to the big games.

Its just typical of the way sport has gone, although the FAI take it to new levels at times.

I would love to go to Glasgow, but I fully support all those who travel far and wide getting tickets before everyone else. Thing is, the FAI don't agree with this and are fcuking their most loyal supporters royally.

I heard today of some season ticket holders who didn't get tickets and they are not happy. That is a plan that will backfire on the FAI the next time they come to renewal time. But sure as long as they sort out their mates and sponsors thats all that matters. As long as their CEO picks up €300k while the team that wins the league picks us less than a third of that. As long as their own league is completely ignored as long as the cronies get to the big tournaments to live the high life!

Don't I ?

IMO the "loyal","regular"," real" fans get tickets cos they know others like themselves who look out for tickets for each other and they are willing to put in the leg work required to find a ticket for a heavely over subscribed game.

The people on the other hand who give out the most about "suits" etc are the ones who go to occasional games and then are pissed off when they don't get a ticket to the big games.

No you don't.In this instance you are completely wrong.

You should do some research into what you are talking about before you give your opinion.

I'm just jumping in and out of this thread so I have not read it all but is there evidence that the FAI have given the allocation to fans who rarely or never go to games ahead of other fans, or us it a case that it was just oversubscribed ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Season ticket holders, followed by those who had gone to previous away games, should absolutely get priority. Basic customer service when your business model relies on loyalty, never mind the footballing aspect of it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Well I got 2 tickets! Haven't been to a game since the Mark Kennedy days so very excited, especially against Scotland should be a big game.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

The Scottish FA have just released a few more tickets on their website.

Think they're restricted view though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I think this thread has the wrong idea. It's not YBIG vs the FAI, and its not YBIG the group that was screwed over. Regular away (and home) fans with impeccable records were screwed over. A lot of these fans happen to post on YBIG, and have used the website to vent their frustrations. Theyre also doing it on behalf of those who dont use the forum/internet much at all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Well I got 2 tickets! Haven't been to a game since the Mark Kennedy days so very excited, especially against Scotland should be a big game.

Don't be eating the prawn sandwiches at Celtic Park. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/celtic-park-hospitality-linked-outbreak-4371877

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

The FAI controls all 3k tickets received. If the FAI choose to give these tickets to Abbey Travel and the hundreds that booked their overpriced travel package, sponsors and FAI cronies, then how are the regular away supporters going to recieve these tickets? Are they supposed to recieve them from sponsors they have no affiliation to? Are the fans that booked through Abbey going to give their ticket up?

• Advertisement

I'm just jumping in and out of this thread so I have not read it all but is there evidence that the FAI have given the allocation to fans who rarely or never go to games ahead of other fans, or us it a case that it was just oversubscribed ?

Supporters clubs seem to be the big winners ,they have gotten a lot more tickets than usual.
    I know of one SC who had 5 tickets for Germany away and 2 for Georgia away and they have gotten the full allocation they asked for ,which imo is completely wrong.

Its not about YBIG members getting shafted ,its about ST and regular away fans not getting anything for their loyalty when a "glamour" fixture comes along.
    Why did the FAI get everyone's details off them in Tbilisi if they weren't going to use them?

All fans want is a fair and transparent system ,that awards the fan's who travel regularly to support the team.Everyone knows that players,travel partners ,sponsors will be looked after but they want a system in place that divides up the remaining tickets in a proper manner.

3200 tickets should have still left plenty of tickets to be distributed to the most deserving fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

There's some people who haven't missed an Ireland game for over thirty years being shafted for this one. It's terrible treatment of loyal fans.

TopBombing wrote: »
    The Scottish FA have just released a few more tickets on their website.

Think they're restricted view though.

How can you have a restricted view in Celtic Park?

NIMAN wrote: »

restricted view in many modern stadiums.

some of them seem to be at the front row of the upper tier of the newest stand too. they'd be quality seats.

• Advertisement

There's not many of them but there are seats where you can have your view blocked by part of the main stand and some poles holding up the roof.

some of them seem to be at the front row of the upper tier of the newest stand too. they'd be quality seats.

They're not, they're restricted view for a reason.

Gone already. Keep missing these by a couple of hours. All being snapped up by scalpers. They are going to make a fortune.

I got 3 myself. Worried what the restricted view may be though?
    Is a section of the pitch going to be missing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

doncarlos wrote: »
    Gone already. Keep missing these by a couple of hours. All being snapped up by scalpers. They are going to make a fortune.

Still seems to be tickets for the jock stein stand

doncarlos wrote: »

Keep trying, I've just tried again there and was allowed given the option of buying 2 restricted view seats in the Jock Stein Upper, Block 442.

Doubt there will be a section of the pitch missing, maybe a pole in the way or something. What section are they in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Something like this probably. Seat 402-Y-J.
    Don't think it would bother you, your brain would quickly filter the pole out.

Dean1471-20121109194716.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Why have the Scots only given us 5% of tickets, yet put loads up for general sales ?

Something like this probably. Seat 402-Y-J.
    Don't think it would bother you, your brain would quickly filter the pole out.

actually very surprised that there is a pole like that in celtic park. those stands were only finished around 1999.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Why have the Scots only given us 5% of tickets, yet put loads up for general sales ?
    They know that a load of Irish people will buy/have bought general tickets and it's probably the one match you could get away with that.

One of my neighbours was travelled to Slovenia, Moscow, Schalke and Paris in recent years along with every home match and he hasn't been sorted for Glasgow. There's fans who've been to more away games then him missing out too. That's unforgivable from the FAI.

• Advertisement
Advertisement