Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonable price on velux/roof lite/fakro window

Options
  • 27-10-2014 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi. Hoping to convert my attic & need window up der. Nxt door neighbours is big window so ours will look daft if we don't go wit same as neighbours.. It's 1140*1180. Did anyone buy online or off eBay.. Window is comin up near €400 & it's lot of money before we do anythin else.

Any recommendations on where to buy cheap reliable window.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Hi. Hoping to convert my attic & need window up der. Nxt door neighbours is big window so ours will look daft if we don't go wit same as neighbours.. It's 1140*1180. Did anyone buy online or off eBay.. Window is comin up near €400 & it's lot of money before we do anythin else.

There's cheap or reliable, pick one. Unless you fancy fixing or replacing it in a few years.

If €400 is an obstacle now I wouldn't even start tbh.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You are converting your attic and complaining about €400. Have you priced steel or structural elements to support the new floor. A stairs up to the attic. Adequate fire protection in the stairs and doors to aid the escape if fire breaks out. Have you thought about linking in your fire detection system. You are creating an additional storey onto your house, €400 is only the start of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

It appears you may need to work out a complete budget for your project as €400 is at the lower end of what you have ahead of you.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

I recommend you review and understand the requirements of building regs, start here http://www.environ.ie/en/DevelopmentHousing/BuildingStandards/PublicationsDocuments/FileDownLoad,1657,en.pdf

Advertisement