Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Lights

Options
  • 27-10-2014 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

I have to replace an outdoor light as the existing halogen one has rusted and broken off the bracket. Tried to replace the bulb and the bracket fell away in my hand. This is the second one in the last five years.
    I would like to get an LED one with a PIR. It is used to light up a small garden and drive. The area is very exposed to wind and driving rain.
    Can anyone recommend a good one which will withstand weathering?

I have seen Steinel recommended in previous threads. Are they well weatherproofed.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Cerco wrote: »
    I have seen Steinel recommended in previous threads. Are they well weatherproofed.

Yes. The only disappointment is the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Look up eBay and led floodlights.

I think the best set up is fitting/led light and a sensor wired externally.

You will pay extra for light with sensor but the lights is good off them and have no trouble so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Steinel is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭65535

Are the Steinel ones available in Ireland generally like in DIY stores ?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

65535 wrote: »
    Are the Steinel ones available in Ireland generally like in DIY stores ?
    Thanks

In general, no.
    But these types of shops are so overpriced I would advise against them anyway.

There are plenty of good electrical wholesalers around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭65535

Yes I know what you mean, that's what I meant as well :)
    Thanks

Advertisement