Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox dropping price in the US by $150 will it happen here?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

It's a US exclusive.
    I definitely won't be buying an xbox one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

No its not. Microsoft announced that its US for the time being and will consider applying the discount worldwide.

Probably lots of logistical/marketing issues that they'll encounter, it just makes sense for them to prioritise the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

empacher wrote: »
    http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-special-savings

Will we recieve the same savings or is it a US exclusive?

It's also not dropping in price by $150, it's dropping by $50...there's added savings by buying a pack with a game bundled in which might equate to $150 in savings...but the drop is only $50.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

I hope they do introduce the price cut over here. I'd buy a One for €350, especially with The Master Chief Collection on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Ironically, it's this drip feeding of bundles and deals that are preventing me from buying an xbox. I'd buy one today except that there is always a better deal coming just a month or so down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

wrt40 wrote: »
    Ironically, it's this drip feeding of bundles and deals that are preventing me from buying an xbox. I'd buy one today except that there is always a better deal coming just a month or so down the line.

If you apply that logic to any form of technology you'd never buy anything, it's the same with phones, tablets, laptops, PCs etc, there is always something about to come out that's better. At some stage you need to just bite the bullet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Nolimits wrote: »
    If you apply that logic to any form of technology you'd never buy anything, it's the same with phones, tablets, laptops, PCs etc, there is always something about to come out that's better. At some stage you need to just bite the bullet

But sometimes just a little patience can get you a decent discount. They stick a gob ****e tax on electronics for people who can't wait a few weeks. Microsoft in particular are very fond of this tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Regardless of a similar price match/bundle in the UK & Ireland, come Nov 11th, the sales are gonna go through the roof. It's already pretty good value tbh at the moment. I bought a bundle about six weeks ago: Console, Destiny & Halo: TMC for €440. I agree with one of the other posters though, drip feeding various deals is making people hold off longer, constantly waiting for the next offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I think allot of people are waiting til it's more than €20 cheaper than the PS4 given the significant technical superiority the PS4 enjoys.

Like I'm only gonna get one console this gen. So whilst I know the PS4 is going to get the better versions of multi platform games, I prefer the exclusives on the X1.

Saying that, I also think it should be priced appropriately considering the competition.

€350 for a Halo MCC bundle - boom. Perfect price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

wrt40 wrote: »
    But sometimes just a little patience can get you a decent discount. They stick a gob ****e tax on electronics for people who can't wait a few weeks. Microsoft in particular are very fond of this tax.

I've no regrets for paying 500 for the xbox one at launch, I've gotten a years play out of it, plus I have the kinect sensor that I personally think is an essential part of the whole thing.

If I was in the position of looking to buy one now, I'd just wait until the bundle with the game i wanted was out.

Odds are that the price cut for europe wont be announced until thanksgiving is over in the US.

Also worth noting that if you trade in a working xbox 360 in the US , you'll get a further 100 dollars off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Odds are that the price cut for europe wont be announced until thanksgiving is over in the US.

That's interesting. What makes you say that? Surely they'd announce it when the MCC is released?

Advertisement