Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying property in Dublin cheap?

Options
  • 27-10-2014 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

I'm sick of renting. Soon I will start looking into buying my own apartment (or accomodation of some description) in Dublin. I'm a programmer so I'm always looking to hack unconventional solutions to problems.
    I'm wondering does anyone know of any good leads in this area. I'm thinking along the lines of: seized property being auctioned off by the gardai, or insurance companies after a fire, or buying some waste ground in the city and putting a mobile home on it. That sort of thing. Basically really cheap solutions. Also there seems to be another property bubble forming so I was thinking of waiting until it inevitably pops until I buy. Thoughts? Suggestions? This is a domain about which I know very little.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭spin777

Also there seems to be another property bubble forming so I was thinking of waiting until it inevitably pops until I buy.

Seems to be, have you been living under a rock. Could be another five or ten years until it pops again but according to some people on here it's already about to pop.

To answer your actual question, I can't think of any way, except a cheap site outside the city and a container built home like the one in the north on grand designs last month, but can't see any council in the south ever going for it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If you go out from the city to the outskirts there is still value to be had .

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

You need a houseboat*

http://www.apolloduck.ie/listings.phtml?cid=81

*not financial advice, terms and conditions may apply

Advertisement