Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it too late for my results?

• 27-10-2014 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I have achieved good grades and mostly good exam results throughout 5th and 6th year but, in the long run this isn't going to help me achieve great leaving cert reaults!

I need 350 points but would like to achieve 400 points.

Do you think it's too late to achieve this amount?

If you can relate please tell me your story?

Is their any study techniques you could suggest for each subject.

English-H
    Irish-O
    Maths-O
    Biology-H
    Geography-H
    Art-H
    History-H

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

I have achieved ggood grades and mostly good exam results throughout 5th and 6th year but, in the long run this isn't going to help me achieve great leaving cert reaults!

I need 350 points but would like to achieve 400 points.

Do you think it's too late to achieve this amount?

If you can relate please tell me your story?

Is their any study techniques you could suggest for each subject.

English-H
    Irish-O
    Maths-O
    Biology-H
    Geography-H
    Art-H
    History-H

Jesus. I only started properly today and would like to be getting close to 625 points so I don't see how you're situation would be impossible. You still have months left to study. Experiment with different techniques. I know some people are great fans of mind maps however I find to just write things down in bullet points works for me much better. Find something that works for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Blue giant wrote: »
    Find something that works for you.
    This is probably the most important bit. There are many ways, but only one may work for you. And unless it works for you, it's only wasting your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pugsforbubbles

the_syco wrote: »
    This is probably the most important bit. There are many ways, but only one may work for you. And unless it works for you, it's only wasting your time.

The only subjects I find difficult to study for are history and geography! I don't know what tecniques to use for either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

The only subjects I find difficult to study for are history and geography! I don't know what tecniques to use for either.

I don't do history but for geography I have a full marks essay (some corrected by teacher). I then write each of these out in bullet points and learn the points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭PeterJC!

For history I highlight all the keywords in a paragraph, then write them out to get the shape of the essay and paragraphs in my head. Then I make a mind map of the 8 paragraphs and use only the main keywords, maybe only 5/6 per paragraph heading. I find that works the best for me rather than just reading them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 mkost

It is absolutely not too late to achieve the results you want, but it is important that you start working from now on up until June.
    I would have to say that it is VERY important not to overwork yourself and not to stress out about it, there should be a balance between your work and leisure. Do not deprive yourself of going out once in a while or watching your favourite tv shows on the weekends - allocate times for studying and fun things so that you don't end up putting everything off so much that all you'll do is worry about it throughout your weekends or even worse your holidays.
    I've seen people with such high ambitions put all their energy into studying in order to obtain their desired result ending up with a disappointing result in June due to stress.
    So absolutely no stress. Treat the leaving cert as a job that needs both your effort and a positive, clear mind to succeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

mkost wrote: »
    Treat the leaving cert as a job that needs both your effort and a positive, clear mind to succeed.

Probably the best piece of advice I have heard so far :)

Advertisement