Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distribution of module marks

Options
  • 27-10-2014 6:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40

Is there any way of knowing whether certain continuous assessment elements are compulsory or not? In other words, that if you miss these sections you'll fail the entire module as opposed to just losing the marks for that part! It's something a lecturer would give you a direct answer on anyway. I'd also assume that it would have been stressed heavy if it would be the case that you'd fail entire module if you just missed a single section.

I've noticed that in most module descriptions, it says "work which is submitted late shall be assigned a mark of zero (or a Fail Judgement in the case of Pass/Fail modules)". I know this doesn't sound like it's implying that you'll fail the entire module, but what exactly does it mean?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Electric Boobs

Gee, if UCC students don't know this kind of stuff, then no wonder they're all failing!!!

Advertisement