Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtravision/Hmv console trade-ins?

Options
  • 27-10-2014 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I'm sorry if this isn't the best place to post this, I don't know where else to ask. Does anyone know if Xtravision/Hmv take console trade-ins? I can't find anything on the website about it so I thought it would be best to ask. I tried Gamestop but i was only offered about €90 cash for both a ps3 slim+ Xbox 360 slim, which was unsurprisingly ****....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Not anymore they don't, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Irish_poster

cloud493 wrote: »
    Not anymore they don't, no.

Well ****. Thanks anyway

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Have you tried CEX, ie.webuy.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

Yeah other then adverts etc, cex may be your best bet
    https://ie.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=*&catid=810 shows about 85 euro cash for a slim ps3, 105 euro credit.
    Rates for box too
    https://ie.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=*&catid=783

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

At HMV we do accept trade-ins, and if we do them I assumed Xtravision did too, the prices won't get you racing into the stores mind!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Not of consoles no? So the store in Dublin told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

cloud493 wrote: »
    Not of consoles no? So the store in Dublin told me.

They told you wrong.
    We have graphics up for it aswell (in Limerick), they would have got the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Xtravision have been planning to do it for ages. It would work like the mobile phone trade in system. I'm not sure if any store has it set up yet though. It would be worth asking on the XV Facebook page.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Have you tried CEX, ie.webuy.com?

I have but it was a quick sale I was looking for. After what Gamestop offered I suppose it would be best to look into CEX/adverts/Donedeal

@ phil106

Them prices are not too bad actually! It's actually a PS4 i'm looking for so thats 170 off already putting the PS3 + Xbox together! Not bad considering id only get about 80-90 cash for both from Gamestop haha!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

@ phil106

Them prices are not too bad actually! It's actually a PS4 i'm looking for so thats 170 off already putting the PS3 + Xbox together! Not bad considering id only get about 80-90 cash for both from Gamestop haha!!

thats the cash trade in price, if you went for credit you would get even more towards a ps4, assuming they have one there

Advertisement