Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer Care Issue

Options
  • 27-10-2014 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Dear Eircom

I have been offered a new broadband package with Vodafone for 35 euro I am currently paying 52.63 a month. I rang Eircom 2 weeks ago and said I wanted to switch to Vodafone and was put through to the Loyalty Department.  Oh my God! I cant believe your Customer Care my back went up instantly as she read from a script in a monotone voice which to be honest I switched off from.

She then told me that she could offer a package of 40 euro per month for 6 months but then it would go up to normal price of 50 euro a month.  I said this is exactly what I have and I am actually paying more for this for the last 4 years, how is this possible she wouldnt answer my question she kept talking over me and after asking her numerous times she said, as if I was the one who was as thick as a plank its a different name and price thats why its different.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and she told me no straight out.  

I said to her this is the only Customer Care that I have been refused a request to speak to a Supervisor after numerous requests she put me on hold to get someone but of course came back and said there was no one available and they would call be back I asked when would that be and of course this is the only Customer Care I have dealt with that wouldnt give a time like in 24 hours to call me back.  She then went into the offers again with me and when I said it doesnt make sense to me I am paying more for the 'normal offer' for the last whatever years she said its up to me to call Eircom or go online to check the prices.  Guess what no one as ever called me back!

I actually called last Friday to the helpdesk asking what I needed to do to move to Vodafone as I am not in contract I was told just call in to a Vodafone store.  So Eircom dont give a toss about me as a long time customer, who has never once missed paying the bill.  An absolute disgrace and a dreadful way to treat your customers.  Vodafone here I come!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭doctorg

Dear Eircom

I have been offered a new broadband package with Vodafone for 35 euro I am currently paying 52.63 a month. I rang Eircom 2 weeks ago and said I wanted to switch to Vodafone and was put through to the Loyalty Department.  Oh my God! I cant believe your Customer Care my back went up instantly as she read from a script in a monotone voice which to be honest I switched off from.

She then told me that she could offer a package of 40 euro per month for 6 months but then it would go up to normal price of 50 euro a month.  I said this is exactly what I have and I am actually paying more for this for the last 4 years, how is this possible she wouldnt answer my question she kept talking over me and after asking her numerous times she said, as if I was the one who was as thick as a plank its a different name and price thats why its different.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and she told me no straight out.  

I said to her this is the only Customer Care that I have been refused a request to speak to a Supervisor after numerous requests she put me on hold to get someone but of course came back and said there was no one available and they would call be back I asked when would that be and of course this is the only Customer Care I have dealt with that wouldnt give a time like in 24 hours to call me back.  She then went into the offers again with me and when I said it doesnt make sense to me I am paying more for the 'normal offer' for the last whatever years she said its up to me to call Eircom or go online to check the prices.  Guess what no one as ever called me back!

I actually called last Friday to the helpdesk asking what I needed to do to move to Vodafone as I am not in contract I was told just call in to a Vodafone store.  So Eircom dont give a toss about me as a long time customer, who has never once missed paying the bill.  An absolute disgrace and a dreadful way to treat your customers.  Vodafone here I come!
    Good call, Vodafone is indeed the best in my experience. Their support is also super good, they listen to you and fix the issues ASAP. 

Also, with vodafone you will get true internet speeds unlike eircom which only has high speeds on eircom servers. This is why their speed tests will always return an inflated result. And when you call support they will say the speeds are good since they don't bottleneck eircom servers so you will always see 'high' speeds meanwhile everything will run slow as a snail. Actually I take that back, snails are faster than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

Dear Eircom

Hi Armitage - sorry I can't help but I just wanted to share my own insight in support. 

I would completely agree that Eircom has possibly the worst service I have ever encountered! Anyone reading this take it as a warning. This is not just a rant and I'll be happy to share my details/experience with anyone interested.

The main issue was not supplying what I ordered (eFiber & eVision), then not honoring the original deal. Then when I cancelled within the 14 day cancellation period they charged me and deducted from my account. The cancellation process took 2 calls (one 48 minutes). I've rang 3 times to get a refund of the money they took - and believe it or not on the last call they explained to me that I hadn't cancelled within the period and needed to go through the process of writing a letter etc. In my own opinion they were dishonest and I believe intentionally negligent in dealing with my cancellation and refund. 

• Registered Users Posts: 32 armitage1971

Eircom is there some reason why you are ignoring my post, I have been treated appallingly and by the looks of the other posts here I am not alone.  If this service here on Boards is to respond and resolve Eircom customer issues at least have the professionalism to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sjmc

Eircom is there some reason why you are ignoring my post, I have been treated appallingly and by the looks of the other posts here I am not alone.  If this service here on Boards is to respond and resolve Eircom customer issues at least have the professionalism to do so.

I have been warned for spamming (demanding the service I pay for) and threatened with removal from all their social media sites.
    Good luck with your problem, I'm about to be put offline
    Sj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi armitage1971

I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment with this and apologise for any inconvenience caused as a result. I'm sorry the agent you were speaking to did not obtain a supervisor for you speak. I understand you were advised you would be contacted by a supervisor and I agree that this should have materialised. Should you wish to log an official complaint over this please feel free to do so with our complaints department on free phone 1901. I'm sorry that the discounts and packages available to you were not to your satisfaction however in some cases the prices of a competitor may not be able to be met and it's ultimately at your discretion and your discussion to make on reflection of this.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 chickencrazy

Hi Jesper,

I'd like to know more about your situation. I had similar experience with Eircom today. We ordered a broadband bundle (24 mg/unlimited/phone calls) on Oct the 8th. We needed a phone line reinstalled so the guys came out to reinstall last Thursday, today I rang as we had not received the modem. They proceed to tell us over the phone that we had not signed up for the broadband bundle, that we had in fact just signed up for line rental, which was a complete and utter lie as we didn't even want PHONE CALLS included but had to have them anyway due to the bundle!. They denied that we had ever signed up for this package and then tried to proceed to tell us that we would have to go with another package which was not what we wanted or had agreed!

They then proceed to pass us around over the phone to 5 OTHER PEOPLE each time we had to explain the situation over and over again. In the end we got passed to a 6th person and we became so frustrated we hung up! 

We asked for them to check the phone call we had made on 8th, as they record all their phone calls, but we got bluffed around again with no concise answer.

Eircom you should be absolutely ashamed, you have no consistency and are damn right unprofessional. 
    Jesper wrote: »
    Dear Eircom

Hi Armitage - sorry I can't help but I just wanted to share my own insight in support. 

I would completely agree that Eircom has possibly the worst service I have ever encountered! Anyone reading this take it as a warning. This is not just a rant and I'll be happy to share my details/experience with anyone interested.

The main issue was not supplying what I ordered (eFiber & eVision), then not honoring the original deal. Then when I cancelled within the 14 day cancellation period they charged me and deducted from my account. The cancellation process took 2 calls (one 48 minutes). I've rang 3 times to get a refund of the money they took - and believe it or not on the last call they explained to me that I hadn't cancelled within the period and needed to go through the process of writing a letter etc. In my own opinion they were dishonest and I believe intentionally negligent in dealing with my cancellation and refund. 

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

Hi Jesper,

I'd like to know more about your situation. I had similar experience with Eircom today. We ordered a broadband bundle (24 mg/unlimited/phone calls) on Oct the 8th. We needed a phone line reinstalled so the guys came out to reinstall last Thursday, today I rang as we had not received the modem. They proceed to tell us over the phone that we had not signed up for the broadband bundle, that we had in fact just signed up for line rental, which was a complete and utter lie as we didn't even want PHONE CALLS included but had to have them anyway due to the bundle!. They denied that we had ever signed up for this package and then tried to proceed to tell us that we would have to go with another package which was not what we wanted or had agreed!

They then proceed to pass us around over the phone to 5 OTHER PEOPLE each time we had to explain the situation over and over again. In the end we got passed to a 6th person and we became so frustrated we hung up! 

We asked for them to check the phone call we had made on 8th, as they record all their phone calls, but we got bluffed around again with no concise answer.

Eircom you should be absolutely ashamed, you have no consistency and are damn right unprofessional. 
    Jesper wrote: »
    Dear Eircom

Sounds almost identical to my issue. I find it most annoying that when you explain something so basic as 'why would I want only a phone line' or in my case 'it's a new house and I needed TV and broadband' that they try to assume you made a mistake. While we were only using the platform in front of us to complete the order. And if they can prove that an offer was 'valid' at time of original booking to not honor it on a complaint/inquiry seems to me that they never intended on honoring their offers to begin with when they could get away with it.

I am still awaiting a refund on the money taken from my account for a service that was not provided. I will post a new inquiry for this.  

Advertisement