Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten isn't growing

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Ahhh thanks for the update. Hopefully he will continue to grow and these problems will sort themselves out as he gets older.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

flikflak wrote: »
    Ahhh thanks for the update. Hopefully he will continue to grow and these problems will sort themselves out as he gets older.

Unfortunately for him, I don't think he's going to get much older than he is now.
    His problem has the name of bilateral kidney dysplasia, which means that his kidneys are abnormally shaped and structured. Because of this he can't grow, nor produce red blood cell (he's anemic) and his body is self-intoxicated by the ammonia he produces from his own metabolism.
    This condition is self-destroying, one day he will be so intoxicated to fall into a coma. Before he reaches this point I will have to intervene...
    As long as he's still enjoying this life I will be his best friend and will take care of him at the top of my possibilities and abilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Unfortunately for him, I don't think he's going to get much older than he is now.
    His problem has the name of bilateral kidney dysplasia, which means that his kidneys are abnormally shaped and structured. Because of this he can't grow, nor produce red blood cell (he's anemic) and his body is self-intoxicated by the ammonia he produces from his own metabolism.
    This condition is self-destroying, one day he will be so intoxicated to fall into a coma. Before he reaches this point I will have to intervene...
    As long as he's still enjoying this life I will be his best friend and will take care of him at the top of my possibilities and abilities.

See, thats the thing isnt it. Just wanted to say that its really good of you to let him live happily and have fun and be a kitten as long as he can. I dont think I could bear to begin to love an animal knowing it would only have a very short life. You are very brave and kind. Im off now to give a cuddle to my thankfully very healthy little kitten. HUGS to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Oh sorry, thats a shame:(

Thank you for making his short life as comfortable as you can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

Leo, the unlucky kitten, went to the Rainbow Bridge last night...
    There's a post here .

I tried everyhting, but the fate was stronger than me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

Aw, so sorry :( You gave the poor guy the best chance possible. He was so lucky to have you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Leo, the unlucky kitten, went to the Rainbow Bridge last night...
    There's a post here .

I tried everyhting, but the fate was stronger than me :(
    Know the feeling; one of our three kittens have gone to death's door five times in two weeks so far and having already lost previous foster cats I know there's no words to describe that black hole of pain in your heart. The only thing I can offer as help is take pride in the difference you made his last weeks of life letting him enjoy and live them to the fullest; it's the best gift you could have given him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Thats so very sad.
    But you are so kind and good to have given him a happy life however short it was. He knew he was loved. He and his sister would probably died of hunger or worse, if you hadnt take them home. You have saved the mother from having any more litters too. And you have done the ultimate kindness by having poor little Leo put to sleep before he suffered too much.
    People like you restore my faith in the human race. Hugs

Advertisement