Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned From After Hours

Options
  • 27-10-2014 10:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

Hi, Ive been banned from after hours for a thread I made entitled 'I'm dying'. What I typed in the thread was something like: I'm dying to watch the new Dumb and Dumber movie. I then added a quote from the original dumb and dumber movie.
    My other contributions to the thread were other quotes from that same movie. Others added their quotes also. Ok so it might not have been a great thread but hardly bad enough to be banned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,701 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi Laois6556,

The reason you were banned is because you're a troll. It really is as simple as that. You were given previous warnings and bans to change your behaviour, and you didn't.

Ban upheld. You may ask for an Admin to review this decision if you wish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Laois6556

Penn wrote: »
    Hi Laois6556,

The reason you were banned is because you're a troll. It really is as simple as that. You were given previous warnings and bans to change your behaviour, and you didn't.

Ban upheld. You may ask for an Admin to review this decision if you wish.

How is making a thread about Dumb and Dumber trolling? I've seen far worse threads on after hours. My other warnings were for very minor offernces like not knowing the rules. You can't just ban someone for not liking their thread.

I've just read some of the other threads in this forum. It seems clear that mod decisions never get overturned no matter how wrong their decisions are.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,701 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Thread titled "Next Presenter of Late Late Show:
    Laois6556 wrote: »
    Gerry Ryan.

I'll put it in your mother! Give ya a sibling to slice.

I'm bored out of me ****ing brain. What do you do when you're bored? Yeah I'm talking to you. Answer me.

Also, why do the Asians have such narrow eyes?

"Trivial things that make you happy" thread:
    After 15 hours down a street gutter, finally a woman in a skirt passes by. Knickers!

"Interview the person below you" thread:
    None of your business.

What's it to ya?

Those are some of your posts from the past week or so, and doesn't include similar (and in some cases, worse) posts you've made on other forums. Not to mention your Dumb and Dumber thread was also trolling considering you intentionally named the thread "I'm dying" in order to misrepresent what the thread was about.

You may ask for an Admin to review this decision, or accept the ban and allow the thread to be marked as resolved.

Penn wrote: »
    Thread titled "Next Presenter of Late Late Show:

"Trivial things that make you happy" thread:

"Interview the person below you" thread:

Those are some of your posts from the past week or so, and doesn't include similar (and in some cases, worse) posts you've made on other forums. Not to mention your Dumb and Dumber thread was also trolling considering you intentionally named the thread "I'm dying" in order to misrepresent what the thread was about.

You may ask for an Admin to review this decision, or accept the ban and allow the thread to be marked as resolved.

First of all if my previous posts were so bad then I should have been banned then, you can't go back and ban me because you don't like a thread. It tells a lot that you have to go back to previous posts of mine to try and justify the ban I've received for the Dumb and Dumber thread. Clearly you can see the mod decision was incorrect.
    Secondly, those posts were jokes. A common thing in after hours. The "I'll put it in your mother! Give ya a sibling to slice" post was in response to a person saying I should put my penis in a blender. His name had slice in it, it was messing, he thought so and I thought so. There's nothing wrong with the rest of those posts.
    Thirdly, you've made up that I've made similar and sometimes worse posts in other forums.
    Fourthly, the thread 'I'm Dying' was a thread at a similar humour level to Dumb and Dumber, ie juvenile. Doesn't deserve a ban though and I know you agree because you had to go through my other posts to try to justify it.
    Fifthly, as I've already discovered there's very little point in this process as you will never admit a mod got it wrong but I'll ask for an admin review anyway, just to see the full extent of the craziness.
    Sixthly, I'm going to re-reg. Lets see how long it takes to catch me. :D

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

...I'll ask for an admin review anyway, just to see the full extent of the craziness.
    Fair enough. Let's see:
    Sixthly, I'm going to re-reg. Lets see how long it takes to catch me. :D

Way to prove that you're not a time-wasting troublemaker. The ban is upheld.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I've banned your new account, WiggleMyHips, and this account. Discuss in Prison.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement