Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

airport in kinnegad

Options
  • 27-10-2014 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

an aeroplane nearly crashed into me as i was driving from kinnegad
    [around mother hubbards]and landed in field beside road anyone knows whats going on

Comments

finky1 wrote: »
    [around mother hubbards]and landed in field beside road anyone knows whats going on
    I saw a VMS sign on the M4 a couple of weeks ago referring to aerial surveys (beware of low flying aircraft).

Could have been that.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭robclay26

There is a private strip west of clonard that starts close to the old. N4 road, shouldn't be anything to worry about.

I saw a VMS sign on the M4 a couple of weeks ago referring to aerial surveys (beware of low flying aircraft).

Could have been that.
    Then survey aircraft will be low flying yes , but as stated by the OP, the plane landed, these survey planes are operating out of licence airfields not private.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭finky1

robclay26 wrote: »
    There is a private strip west of clonard that starts close to the old. N4 road, shouldn't be anything to worry about.
    this plane was about 6 feet up when crossing road thats to close for comfort

Was it crossing road at 90 degree angle. ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

id be pretty sure, the pilot knew what he was doing. no need to be a drama lama.

robclay26 wrote: »
    Was it crossing road at 90 degree angle. ?
    correct

id be pretty sure, the pilot knew what he was doing. no need to be a drama lama.
    how do you know do you know the pilot

correct

That runway is pretty close to the road , you can see it in google earth

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

I think that it may be the new Ryanair Dublin airport terminal.;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement