Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACL rehab-physios/ice baths etc.

• 27-10-2014 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

folks living in Oakleigh Wood,Dooradoyle and just 2 weeks over my ACL reconstruction surgery in my knee.

Just enquiring where & what to do regarding physio. i do know Aine O'Meara is in raheen (though 50euro is steep, im a student on work placement down here).anyone else people can recommend?

also hitting a blank regarding ice baths/cyrobaths in limerick city,tried searching online to no avail.until today, a guy mentioned Willie Bennet and possible cyrotherapy pool? anyone confirm this?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

Have twice had acl reconstruct on my left knee. I followed the exact recommended exercises each time and am now back to full fitness again. I don't think that you need a huge amount of physio, but get working on bending and straightening, and on strengthening your quad so that you can lift your leg straight up with your toe slightly bent inwards so that you are fully using your quad, as opposed to using your hamstring. These exercises need to be done 7-8 times every day.
    There are loads of programmes to follow online. I am on hols at the moment, but the one that a physio friend gave me was from an university in Scotland. It worked a treat for me. I'll check it when I get home in a few days. Get working now on putting weight on it, and getting down to one crutch as soon as you can. Heel toe motion with the weight, and crutch held in opposing hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dhanna506

many thanks jogathon

im off crutches at this stage, & walking not perfectly of course, but getting there i hope lol. trying to get the bending & straightening to the best i can. icing plenty as well to get the swelling down.

Advertisement