Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Many sites extremely slow/unusable (past week on eFibre)

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Cianmcliam wrote: »
    Yes, same here. Have eVision and internet radio in the house, both have been choppy over the last few days and general slowness at times. Hope it's not going downhill again, was excellent until a week or so ago.

Check for line faults or home network issues, eVision should be using Multicast so unlikely to suffer from congestion..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

doctorg wrote: »
    Internet getting slow again the past few days..
    Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues doctorg

Would you like to PM me your number and I'll run some tests?

Cheers
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

Yes, same here. Have eVision and internet radio in the house, both have been choppy over the last few days and general slowness at times. Hope it's not going downhill again, was excellent until a week or so ago.

Check for line faults or home network issues, eVision should be using Multicast so unlikely to suffer from congestion..
    Thanks, it could be the router that is causing both the choppiness on the internet radios and eVision. It's not happening very often, but it never really happened at all before the last couple of weeks. It freezes then there's a bit of interference and it continues on, kind of like when the satellite dish in a storm. Maybe once or twice a night. Otherwise, the internet has also slowed down some evenings below what we had been experiencing before.  

Thanks, it could be the router that is causing both the choppiness on the internet radios and eVision. It's not happening very often, but it never really happened at all before the last couple of weeks. It freezes then there's a bit of interference and it continues on, kind of like when the satellite dish in a storm. Maybe once or twice a night. Otherwise, the internet has also slowed down some evenings below what we had been experiencing before.  
    Sorry to hear this Cianmcliam

Please feel free to PM me your account number and I'll look in to this for you

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭doctorg

Alan,

Can you confirm Eircom isn't doing anything with its network?

I've noticed huge drops after 12 at night. Performance is exactly like it was at the inception of this thread.

• Advertisement

doctorg wrote: »
    Alan,

Can you confirm Eircom isn't doing anything with its network?

I've noticed huge drops after 12 at night. Performance is exactly like it was at the inception of this thread.
    Hi doctorg

I have offered to look in to the issues you are experiencing however I have not received a PM from you - please PM me your land line number and I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement