Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Lear modern film

• 28-10-2014 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

Is there any modern versions of King Lear I can watch, as in not Shakespeare language, modern language.
    I have read the book and I got the understanding of it and whats going on but I think by watching it, I will have it inside my head by the time I do my lc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

There's an adaptation called A Thousand Acres but I wouldn't recommend it for study purposes as the plot is changed quite a bit. That's the only 'modern' adaptation I've heard of, all other film versions are in the Shakespearean language as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

HMV have a made for TV production with Ian McKellen as King Lear for €4.99, it is a Royal Shakespearean production so it might be ye olde English but should be a good show, McKellen is famous for playing the role in the theatre production.

http://www.hmv.ie/King-Lear/movies-games-entertainment/pd/83290?path=dvd

Advertisement