Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jazz Festival.

Options
  • 28-10-2014 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Bumper weekend for Cork,I think it was the busiest and best in years but other disagree, What did you all think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Only event I went to was the Franks in d'Opera house. And, as usual, they were magnificent. Really busy too - proof that counter programming on the Jazz Weekend works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    Bumper weekend for Cork,I think it was the busiest and best in years but other disagree, What did you all think of it?

Seems you're right according to Examiner today.

"Artistic director Jack McGouran described it as “the most successful Guinness Cork Jazz Festival in a decade” and sellout concerts at the Everyman, Cork Opera House, Triskel Christchurch and CIT Cork School of Music added weight to his claim."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I was in town on Friday night and was surprised at how busy it was, not as much as nineties but a hell of a lot then the last several years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

was out Saturday evening/night and Sunday night and there was a great buzz around the place and it was extremely busy - great to see. I normally never go out for the Jazz weekend but I actually enjoyed some pretty good music (and not all of it was jazz) - there was a good mix!

Went to Imelda May as well on Thursday night and she was fantastic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Was in town alright at the weekend during the day and it was hoppin. Bands on the street, loads of people in great form. Was brill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Was out Saturday and Sunday nights and it was definitely the busiest Jazz weekend I've seen in years, great to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,121 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I was out Friday and Sunday night, definitely the busiest I have seen town in years. Great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭nuts86

Was out on the Saturday night and couldn't get over how busy it was, turned me off going out Sunday night even, but I supposed that's a good sign of a busy weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

Was out Saturday night, mental and then went in along Monday to catch the last bit of jazz but it was quiet enough. I love the jazz though, its a great ol time for Cork

Advertisement