Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clontarf half 29th November

Options
  • 28-10-2014 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

Couldn't find a thread so started a new one

Clontarf Half and 5 mile is on the 29th of November.
    Pretty much 5 weeks from now.

It is already half full and trending not too far behind July numbers at this stage so it might sell out.

Here is the big message in case anyone holds out...
    We are no longer allowed to take entries on the day or after the online closes. Best to put that out there now into the runiverse (my new word)
    Online will close on Tue 25th Nov midnight.

Interestingly the race is 62% female at this stage. What a mighty change from a few years ago!!

Pacers for the half
    2hrs

www.runclontarf.com

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Signed up and in training already....with any luck it will be a bit cooler :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Signed up for my first half! Will be lucky to do it in 2.30, but by god I'll be finishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭averagejoe123

Anyone know what time this is suppose to start at?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭eoin ryan

10am for half
    10.25am for 5 mile

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭carlaboi

Signed up, looking forward to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Running Fool

is there a course map? only seems to be a description on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭mobfromcork

Signed up for this as well with a friend of mine. It's the first half marathon for both of us. I've done a 4 mile and a 5 mile race in the last few weeks and am up to 10 miles on long training runs. Enjoying the training overall but the legs are feeling a bit heavy this week.
    Hopefully we'll have a good day for it.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Watched the end of these races in July and noticed that the HM leaders had to fight through the tail end of the shorter race. The announcer even missed the first few HM finishers. Are the organisers taking any steps to make sure that doesn't happen again? Seems unfair to participants in both races to have them interfere with each other.

Thanks for highlighting.
    We do have a lead cyclist for the half who carves a path through.
    But to make it better we will highlight this to the 5 mile runners in race briefing and also on final details.
    I've also ordered some new signs to remind when they are out on the course for this purpose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lenny palmer

Thinking of doing this. It will be my first HM. The longest I have run so far is a 12k in 1.03 yesterday. Am I leaving it to late to train to make the distance. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 6 snotser1

Just wondering when is the last day of registration for the half? Still in two minds about it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

Thinking of doing this. It will be my first HM. The longest I have run so far is a 12k in 1.03 yesterday. Am I leaving it to late to train to make the distance. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks all

Ideally you would have done more longer runs, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

Try and get 14km in this weekend, and 16-17km next weekend. Both of them SLOW, but steady. The time/pace is unimportant. Add a couple of faster, shorter runs throughout the weeks, and make sure to taper in the past week.

Don't set yourself a time goal, run conservatively, and most of all enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭conseng

snotser1 wrote: »
    Just wondering when is the last day of registration for the half? Still in two minds about it!!

Tuesday 25th provided it's not sold out earlier. See post above.

nop98 wrote: »
    Ideally you would have done more longer runs, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

Try and get 14km in this weekend, and 16-17km next weekend. Both of them SLOW, but steady. The time/pace is unimportant. Add a couple of faster, shorter runs throughout the weeks, and make sure to taper in the past week.

Don't set yourself a time goal, run conservatively, and most of all enjoy it!

Thanks. Got a 14k done today and felt I could have gone further. Hopefully able to get a longer one done next week. Better get registered soon and not miss it now

conseng wrote: »
    Tuesday 25th provided it's not sold out earlier. See post above.

FYI
    We are moving this back to Monday 24th
    and Race is filling up fast

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Running Fool

eoin ryan wrote: »
    FYI
    We are moving this back to Monday 24th
    and Race is filling up fast

as in fast enough it might be sold out before the 24th? stupid question I know.

Tis a hard one to answer. November is only in its second year
    All I can say is that it is trending that way based on July entries.
    Not an exact science tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭HeyArnold320

I'm signed up to this for my first half marathon. Really looking forward to it. I'm fairly new to running but generally manage 15 to 17k without killing myself so hope to find the final few kilometers on the day

So all sold out. I went to register just now. My own fault for leaving it so late to book.

• Advertisement

Had a good long run training for this yesterday. From the house to the 12th Lock and from there along the canal to North Strand bridge and back, which in total is the best part of 16 miles. Tough going into the wind on the way back, but hopefully it will help when the going gets tricky next week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

Had a good long run training for this yesterday. From the house to the 12th Lock and from there along the canal to North Strand bridge and back, which in total is the best part of 16 miles. Tough going into the wind on the way back, but hopefully it will help when the going gets tricky next week!!

Good luck on Saturday. I recall from the July thread we had a similar experience on the way back. Hope it'll be better this time! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Looks like it'll be dry at least :D

Hi Folks,

our lead guy had a crash today so looking for a replacement for Sat 29th November pls.
    Mountain bike required and someone with a good set of lungs and road race knowledge.
    I'd need to meet person in advance in Clontarf to brief in.
    Take one hour max on either Thursday morn/ early afternoon or Friday for brief.
    Then start time 10am to circa 11.15am on Saturday.
    €50 quid to cover the brief and race day.
    Any takers please PM me?
    Thanks

Good luck to everyone running tomorrow. Perfect conditions for the races, it would appear. Of course, the video below wasn't filmed in Clontarf, but never mind :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-7Vu7cqB20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

Looking forward to this in the morning - it became the main event after having to miss DCM due to work. Conditions looking good - one slight detour due to flooding on the course.

I may even don a vest for the first time in a race :pac:

Current PB 1:37.11 from the 2014 Dublin HM - Goal is 1:34.59. Good luck to everyone out there running races over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

Really enjoyed that race today - conditions were absolutely perfect.

Waiting for official times but my Garmin is telling me 1:33.44 - also managed a 20 sec 10km PB :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I had 5.38 miles on the watch. I think they placed the turn around marker in the wrong place. If so, bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Anybody know when do the official times get posted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭effibear

corny wrote: »
    I had 5.38 miles on the watch. I think they placed the turn around marker in the wrong place. If so, bad form.
    Both my friend and I had similar on our watches. Normally watch is a little off but never that much.

Advertisement