Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin 2015 - Pre registration

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭MacSwifty

Nothing for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

Ich bin ein Berliner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

I'm in! Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

I'm in too! Is it to early to discuss a suitable watering hole for post race drinks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

sideswipe wrote: »
    I'm in too! Is it to early to discuss a suitable watering hole for post race drinks!!!

Never too early!
    After experiencing the Oscar Wilde this year I think I may be open to an alternative next year! If anybody would like to nominate a new bar then I'm all ears. Maybe a local brew bar as opposed to an Irish bar?!

Any idea what time you'll be aiming for at this remote juncture Sideswipe?
    No idea myself but at least now I have my 10 month plan to prepare!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

belcarra wrote: »
    Never too early!
    After experiencing the Oscar Wilde this year I think I may be open to an alternative next year! If anybody would like to nominate a new bar then I'm all ears. Maybe a local brew bar as opposed to an Irish bar?!

Any idea what time you'll be aiming for at this remote juncture Sideswipe?
    No idea myself but at least now I have my 10 month plan to prepare!!

Somewhere between 3 and 3:10 hopefully. As regards post race- I'll go with the flow but would concur with a more 'local' spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bigslice

Will have a read of last years thread but anyone give a quick heads up on logistics. A few obvious questions:

Fly in morning before straight to expo and then relax. Or fly in two days before?
    Hotels or general area to be looking at for staying?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 eamont

Why do I get the feeling the ballot wasnt all that random. Dublin our fair capital has quiet a few entries. Sunny Sligo has one. Out of six of us applying, the one lad that got in was from Cork.

Here's hoping for a 2nd chance later in the year.

Good luck to all thats got in, might still venture over for ze beer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

just got the email...Kein Losglück :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

eamont wrote: »
    Why do I get the feeling the ballot wasnt all that random. Dublin our fair capital has quiet a few entries. Sunny Sligo has one. Out of six of us applying, the one lad that got in was from Cork.

Here's hoping for a 2nd chance later in the year.

Good luck to all thats got in, might still venture over for ze beer :)

I'm in Cork too and didn't get in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SnappyDresser

As this is definitely my last ever marathon was delighted to get the nod today. Will check out the logistics by going over last years thread. Would be willing to meet up with others for post marathon beer!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

belcarra wrote: »
    Me too! Woo-hoo!

What, again?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭ergo

just got the email...Kein Losglück :-(

same here - sure we'll see what happens if they release extra places etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bartinsbay

Hi guys,

Unfortunately I got my "No Luck" email yesterday. I stupidly took advice from a friend and booked 2 sets of flights, for my wife and I, last week. He told me it would be no bother getting a place. How wrong he was. I am now going to pin my hopes of getting one of the 1000 RTL places. Does anyone know if these are allocated on a first come first served basis or is there another ballot. I was so looking forward to this marathon and am gutted not to have got a place. If anyone can give me any tips about how to get one of the charity place it would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I didn't get any email but I searched myself on the above link and there I am. Nice little surprise for me today....

EDIT: Thay haven't taken any money either, a bit confused now.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭coco7

I didn't get an email either but then I checked my junk folder and found it there! So time to start organising the rest of the logistics now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Does anybody know if they allow number swaps? I got in but it turns out I wont be able to do the race.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

adrian522 wrote: »

Well nuts to that so. Cheers

I didn't get any email but I searched myself on the above link and there I am. Nice little surprise for me today....

EDIT: Thay haven't taken any money either, a bit confused now.

Just checked again and I'm no longer on the list of participants. They musty have decided they didn't want me after all.

I never received any email from them at all.

Have people had money taken out of their accounts yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Wexford1996

Got the email and am still on the list but credit card hasn't been charged. I would have assumed they'd have charged straight away. Anyone else been charged yet?

No money taken yet.

Just checked again and I'm no longer on the list of participants. They musty have decided they didn't want me after all.

I never received any email from them at all.

Have people had money taken out of their accounts yet?

Back on the participants list now, so I guess I'm in.

When do people recommend flying in Friday or Saturday?

any hotel recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 flynners7

Have gained entry to the draw, reckon they just took the fee there tonight. Will be heading over possibly by myself so gonna consider any hotel recommendations here and try and book this side of Xmas as i imagine there are tens of thousands looking for rooms near the start line.

flynners7 wrote: »
    Have gained entry to the draw, reckon they just took the fee there tonight. Will be heading over possibly by myself so gonna consider any hotel recommendations here and try and book this side of Xmas as i imagine there are tens of thousands looking for rooms near the start line.

When were you looking at heading over? Hotels seem expensive enough for that weekend from what I can see.

When were you looking at heading over? Hotels seem expensive enough for that weekend from what I can see.

*meant to say gained entry via the draw.

I had a look last week and there was a double room 5 miles from the start that came to about €300 for 3 nights. Flights from Dublin return were about €160. Waiting on a fellow club member to get back to me on the name of the hotel he is staying in before i book anything, he went last year so should be fairly spot on with logistics. Think he said they got a taxi to start coz everything else was a bit backed up, id guess he's in a cheaper hotel further than 5 miles but won't know till next week. Id be interested to hear peoples opinions on flying in a day before, is it enough time for recovery from travelling? Id prob go 2 days before

I booked Motel One Haupbahnhof which was recommended on last years thread. Free cancellation anyway but worked out at €134 per night including breakfast. Seems close to the start line. There's a €50 surcharge for the weekend of the marathon.

I'll fly on Friday as to fly on Saturday you'd need to get the 7am flight and personally I'd want a good night sleep on the Friday night. Plus I want to do the breakfast run at 9am on Saturday.

Berlin 2015 turning into a nice wee trip, managed to get two tickets for the U2 gig the night after the marathon in Berlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

bigslice wrote: »
    Berlin 2015 turning into a nice wee trip, managed to get two tickets for the U2 gig the night after the marathon in Berlin.

That'd be more painful than the final 6 miles of the marathon!!
    ;-)

• Advertisement

Had a look for about 2-3 hours this evening at hotels, cheapest, ones on the street a club-mate said he was booking (was non-refundable so didn't book it), ones South of the river, North of the river and so on... Eventually booked the same one as yourself (Motel One). Came to about 420 for 3 nights (Xmas bonus gone) including breakfast for a double-room. Free cancellation up to September 11th which is something I kind of had to have coz it's a hell of a long way off yet and God only knows what kinda shape ill be in! Word of warning, as far off as September is, there are a lot of places booked-up around the Brandenburg/Tiergarten area.
    Will probably leave flights for another while but Aer Lingus are around 111eur at a quick glance... Not bad.

Advertisement