Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin 2015 - Pre registration

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

What dates are you seeing 111? I went for Friday-Monday, but came in a bit more expensive than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

See threads from previous years for more hotel advice. Would recommend you travel on Fri if you can. You can get the expo out if the way early and have all day sat to relax and prepare.

We stayed at Adena hotel in Hackescher Market - great location, lots of restaurants nearby and right beside S Bahn for 10 min journey to the Tiergarten. Had a kitchenette which is ideal for pre race breakfast as you can be in charge of your own timing and bring/buy your own preferred foods. Think it was about 90-100 per night.

Didn't book till February or so - surprised if hotels are booked already - maybe it's a bit early? Either way Berlin is full of hotels if all price points so you should be ok.

Best of luck all. It's an unforgettable event.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Thanks murph. No availability in that hotel at present but I'm happy enough with the other 1 , it has it good reports from those that stayed there last year.

have my flights sorted now too. out with Ryanair on Friday afternoon, home with aer lingus on the Monday.

just need to get my training done now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 eamont

tunguska wrote: »
    Well nuts to that so. Cheers

I wonder could we work something out if you still cant use the entry

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭razor12345

bigslice wrote: »
    Berlin 2015 turning into a nice wee trip, managed to get two tickets for the U2 gig the night after the marathon in Berlin.

Did you get them on the web, if so can you send me the url please

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bigslice

razor12345 wrote: »
    Did you get them on the web, if so can you send me the url please

Cheers

Got them on the German Ticketmaster site at date of sale. Just google Ticketmaster Germany, it has an English language option on the page. No idea if tickets are still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

Finally got round to booking the flights (Aer Lingus) and hotel (Hotel Maritim). Got discounts on both. Out on Thursday, back the following Thursday so there'll be time for relaxing and sightseeing.

The location of that hotel seems to be very close to the start area, who did you book it through?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

Got it thourgh Hotels.com. I've used the site before and they sent me an email with a discount. Took me a few minutes to find a hotel near the Tiergarten that the discount was good for. I'd looked for hotels on that site a few weeks ago and this hotel wasn't free on the days I wanted, or was out of my price range or something - I don't remeber seeing it before anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Just wondering, do you have to have already been to the expo (and say collected a wristband or something) to take part in the breakfast run?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Just wondering, do you have to have already been to the expo (and say collected a wristband or something) to take part in the breakfast run?

Nope, my gf ran the breakfast run alongside me last September without any hassle.
    Don't think the organisers are bothered either way but it would be way too much hassle to enforce if they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bartinsbay

Hi,
    Does anyone know when the RTL charity places go on sale. I have flights and hotel booked already and hoping to get one of these entries

Bartinsbay wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone know when the RTL charity places go on sale. I have flights and hotel booked already and hoping to get one of these entries

Just down as Spring at the moment.
    I know quite a lot of us got in through that last year but there may be a few more alert to it this year.
    We got an email when they became available, so as long as you can react quickly you should be good to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭physiopad

belcarra wrote: »
    Just down as Spring at the moment.
    I know quite a lot of us got in through that last year but there may be a few more alert to it this year.
    We got an email when they became available, so as long as you can react quickly you should be good to go!

How much do you have to raise for charity place?

physiopad wrote: »
    How much do you have to raise for charity place?

Nothing. They release 1,000 extra spaces whereby you pay the €98 entry fee plus a €60 donation to their charity, so effectively you get the place for €158 similar to the regular entry process. Definitely worth the extra €60 and seeing as it's going to charity you get to feel superior to the other runners who got in initially!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭physiopad

belcarra wrote: »
    Nothing. They release 1,000 extra spaces whereby you pay the €98 entry fee plus a €60 donation to their charity, so effectively you get the place for €158 similar to the regular entry process. Definitely worth the extra €60 and seeing as it's going to charity you get to feel superior to the other runners who got in initially!!:p

Oh brilliant! Thanks for your response. I thought I had no hope but yeah I'd definitely pay little bit extra for Berlin.
    Had been considering Amsterdam too but with Berlin with a few weeks earlier it would suit me better. Would also allow to squeeze Dublin in :D

Advertisement