Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

50 year olds making ejits if themselves in the pub

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I think if you're out noticing other people's behaviour to any great extent you're probably not great company yourself surely?

When I'm having a good time I could give two ****s if my granny was breakdancing beside me, I'd probably egg her on if anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭doubter

take it from this 50 year old fool..it's my party and i dance if i want to :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Oldies having the crack, sound.

Young fellas staring at oldies and muttering and giving out, very unsound.

ehm..and in regards to the youngsters not making eejits out of themselves (aka dancing) ehm..how do you dance in shoes ye can't even walk in...:rolleyes:

I am pie wrote: »
    Oldies having the crack, sound.

Young fellas staring at oldies and muttering and giving out, very unsound.

50 is NOT old :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

I think if you're out noticing other people's behaviour to any great extent you're probably not great company yourself surely?

When I'm having a good time I could give two ****s if my granny was breakdancing beside me, I'd probably egg her on if anything!

True if you cannot hold your drink too well you tend not to notice anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

No. When you're out having fun, you tend not to notice the surly fella in the corner staring into his pint and mumbling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

doubter wrote: »
    ehm..and in regards to the youngsters not making eejits out of themselves (aka dancing) ehm..how do you dance in shoes ye can't even walk in...:rolleyes:

Well, you'd hope it was like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bNydAk41z4

but in fairness, it's often more like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8M6l8Imyv8

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭BBJBIG

Actually, the best and brighest of d'Oirish have long since left Oireland.
    All those with any "get up and go" have already "got up and gone".

What remains is the Rump of the Population.
    So, it is no surprise that some crusty 50+ year olds are a bit mentally
    retarded - with or without Drink - and, generally actin d'eejit.

BBJBIG wrote: »

retarded - with or without Drink.
    Let me guess you are an emigrant puking on the streets of oz.

• Advertisement

No they haven't, some have but most haven't. I hate the suggestion that bright people want to leave. Many have no interest in leaving Ireland, love living here being close to their family and friends and want to live their lives here.

Are you using this as your stock response to every thread?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

"dressed up for Halloween in the most ridiculous outfits"
    be grand if they'd "act their age".

Are you in a position to judge (dry)sh1tstirrer? What qualifies you as an expert on fun? Does it disturb you when people have fun doing things you wouldn't be comfortable with doing yourself? Do you feel that people should be attractive to you at all times? If so, do you feel that people who are unattractive (to you) should have to go to another pub?

Honestly, your attitude calls up these questions for me. Do you think you could try and answer them, so as we can get to the reasons you think the "over 50's" are embarrassing themselves? Cos right now, it seems more like they're only embarrassing you. And there HAS to be a reason for that.....

Chucken wrote: »

Only for the relevant Threads, Chuckie :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

No they haven't, some have but most haven't. I hate the suggestion that bright people want to leave. Many have no interest in leaving Ireland, love living here being close to their family and friends and want to live their lives here.
    He should be swiftly directed to the Irish emigrants who run down Ireland thread.

"d'oirish" & "d'eejit"

Hmm, your standards are slipping. Am giving you a 7 out of 10 here for this particular effort.

Chucken wrote: »

de bleedin oirish en de bleedin threads.

I reckon it's Jim Davidson, for those of you old enough to remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭lanos

Where's grandad ?

Only for those over 50 ;)

Ha ha, I remember

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NjWHrjCG1LQ

Shrap wrote: »
    "dressed up for Halloween in the most ridiculous outfits"
    be grand if they'd "act their age".

Are you in a position to judge (dry)sh1tstirrer? What qualifies you as an expert on fun? Does it disturb you when people have fun doing things you wouldn't be comfortable with doing yourself? Do you feel that people should be attractive to you at all times? If so, do you feel that people who are unattractive (to you) should have to go to another pub?

Honestly, your attitude calls up these questions for me. Do you think you could try and answer them, so as we can get to the reasons you think the "over 50's" are embarrassing themselves? Cos right now, it seems more like they're only embarrassing you. And there HAS to be a reason for that.....
    Too many questions so little time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Had a bloke in the local in his early-mid 50's take of his shirt and begin to jump all over the place. Nothing wrong with that except he was morbidly obese, I nearly went blind.

Too many questions so little time :)

Start now, we might get a few answers by morning.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    How would you really know where they spend most of their time on holidays?
    They have mouths and they do talk believe it or not.
    I'm guessing 50.
    The answer is at your fingertips if you care to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

They are such comedians :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 MissKittenfire

I was out in the pub at the weekend and noticed a lot of people in their 50's acting the ejit after drink. The younger people even though they had as much drink acted in a more civilised manner anyone else notice this?

Awaits plenty stupid replies

What were they actually doing though?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 489 ✭✭Sclosages

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGtSpsYURAQ

This is all I listen to these days.

Me hole.

• Advertisement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Mc-NYPHaQ

THIS
    Is what I'm thinking though............ lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭Meleftone

Where's grandad ?

Only for those over 50 ;)

Not necessarily over 50 I'm in my 30's and I get the reference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Because the young people dont know how to party properly.

Takes a bit of experience.

What were they actually doing though?
    It was mentioned a few pages back. They were in Halloween costumes and jumping around the place trying to dance after the demon drink kicked in :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭susanlinda823

I was a waitress and trust me. The older the are the dumber they get. (And more drunker they get)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

Rubbish. Many who stayed are those determined to make a go of it in a difficult situation.

GG66 wrote: »
    Rubbish. Many who stayed are those determined to make a go of it in a difficult situation.

Waste of Time.
    200+ Billion YoYos of Debt = Game Over fur Oireland ...

Plus - Oireland is run by a Bunch of Fookin Clowns fur a Bunch
    of Fookin Clowns ... and always has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

Waste of Time.
    200+ Billion YoYos of Debt = Game Over fur Oireland ...
    what a load of something or other, lets all just give up and leave, last one out turn off the light. that's a great idea/solution!
    this can and will be turned around by all who stayed, yes there will be pain, and more then likely that will last quite a while. but to suggest lets all just give up is a nonsense statement.
    quit the trolling
    and our debt is not 200+, its less then 200. not but too much, but it is less than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Sam Kade wrote: »
    It was mentioned a few pages back. They were in Halloween costumes and jumping around the place trying to dance after the demon drink kicked in :)

Jeebus, trying to dance were they? Why didn't you phone the relevant authorities get them to get back into their tweed suits and armchairs. What's the world coming too eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

I was a waitress and trust me. The older the are the dumber they get. (And more drunker they get)

The less they give a feck

caustic 1 wrote: »
    Jeebus, trying to dance were they? Why didn't you phone the relevant authorities get them to get back into their tweed suits and armchairs. What's the world coming too eh?
    I wasn't even there, I was only pointing out what the other poster missed. Jaysus you're very fast with you're accusations :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

I was out in the pub at the weekend and noticed a lot of people in their 50's acting the ejit after drink. The younger people even though they had as much drink acted in a more civilised manner anyone else notice this?

Awaits plenty stupid replies

50 year olds can spell.

Everything is relative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

They dressed up for Halloween in the most ridiculous outfits then when the drink kicks in they try their hand at dancing but are only jumping around the place like monkeys thinking that they are the life and soul of the party. Same every weekend really minus the costumes. The pub doesn't have a dance floor so it makes things even more awkward when people have to go to the toilet or move to another part if the pub.

Oliver Cromwell is your only man. He banned dancing, drinking and Halloween, Christmas too. And in Noll's day there wouldn't have been another or any part of the pub to go to. As for p1ssing, in Noll's time you probably wouldn't need to, having already done it in your trousers.

Ok, I'll explain the carry on better. They were jumping around the place like monkeys trying to dance bumping into people. One man ended the night by taking his shirt off and dancing on a table while swinging his shirt above his head and sporting his beer belly, he almost fell off on a few occasions. Plenty more antics going on besides. It wasn't just them getting drunk and dancing;)

You've little to concern you.
    Could you PLEASE edit the thread title to remove the word 'if'? It makes everything else that you say sound idiotic. TIA.

• Advertisement

Sclosages wrote: »
    You've little to concern you.
    Could you PLEASE edit the thread title to remove the word 'if'? It makes everything else that you say sound idiotic. TIA.
    That was the phone I was using, why are you so concerned :rolleyes:

Ok, I'll explain the carry on better. They were jumping around the place like monkeys trying to dance bumping into people. One man ended the night by taking his shirt off and dancing on a table while swinging his shirt above his head and sporting his beer belly, he almost fell off on a few occasions. Plenty more antics going on besides. It wasn't just them getting drunk and dancing;)

All sounds like just a bit of craic to me, no harm in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭BlatentCheek

The exact same thing happens in my local, at the oddest times. A small but significant cabal of sad old ****ers get royally flutered on Sunday afternoons and the like, presumably just to get away from their families.

When everyone else is just in for a few nice sunday pints and maybe some food you have these fat farting eejits shouting gibberish and bumping into everyone. I got subjected to a heap of freeman nonsense by one recently. I'd take a wild guess and say he probably owes the bank a lot of money and finds latching onto that crap more attractive than cutting back on his drinking and other luxuries to service his debt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Apt username OP.

Apt username OP.

Whatever you say fatso.

The exact same thing happens in my local, at the oddest times. A small but significant cabal of sad old ****ers get royally flutered on Sunday afternoons and the like, presumably just to get away from their families.

When everyone else is just in for a few nice sunday pints and maybe some food you have these fat farting eejits shouting gibberish and bumping into everyone. I got subjected to a heap of freeman nonsense by one recently. I'd take a wild guess and say he probably owes the bank a lot of money and finds latching onto that crap more attractive than cutting back on his drinking and other luxuries to service his debt.

That's it in a nutshell. I think most of the posters disagreeing are the 50 year olds doing the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Whatever you say fatso.

Post reported. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Can't wait until I'm 50 so I can get drunk and act the eejit...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

What's that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

That was the phone I was using, why are you so concerned :rolleyes:

Same reason you're concerned about older people enjoying themselves, I suppose. :rolleyes:

Advertisement