Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Value of sites with Road Frontage Galway City

Options
  • 28-10-2014 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Is there any registry similar to property price registrar that you can track the sale of agricultural land . I am currently looking for an acre in Castlegar Galway city and trying to determine the ''market value" for a site .There is only one site for sale so it's difficult to determine what is good value when one pops up, it's not really a buyers market as there is nothing for sale but it would be great to see what others have paid over the years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Is there any registry similar to property price registrar that you can track the sale of agricultural land . I am currently looking for an acre in Castlegar Galway city and trying to determine the ''market value" for a site .There is only one site for sale so it's difficult to determine what is good value when one pops up, it's not really a buyers market as there is nothing for sale but it would be great to see what others have paid over the years.

I know of a couple of sites that were bought in the past few years for 60k-80k, so 100k-120k seems realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

antoobrien wrote: »
    I know of a couple of sites that were bought in the past few years for 60k-80k, so 100k-120k seems realistic.

What size site were they? The standard site size is 1/3 of an acre. 100K -120K is a bit low for an acre unless you go further away from the city.

100K - 120K is a low to ok price for a 1/3 acre that close to town, but try telling that to a farmer who held off for more during the boom, when they would have gotten double that.

dilallio wrote: »
    What size site were they? The standard site size is 1/3 of an acre. 100K -120K is a bit low for an acre unless you go further away from the city.

100K - 120K is a low to ok price for a 1/3 acre that close to town, but try telling that to a farmer who held off for more during the boom, when they would have gotten double that.

I don't know exactly (didn't ask the lads that bought them, just remember the prices) but I don't think they were any bigger than the site mentioned in the o.p..

FWIW there are two sites listed on daft in Castlegar, the one nearest the city is actually cheaper (per acre) than the one further out. The cheaper of the two is 0.42 acres, working out at about 117k for a 1 acre site (the other one is 110k for 0.8 acres).

Is there any price registrar for agri land ? I have the cash to spend but just don't want to pay over the odds yet I don't want to insult the owners and look like a time waister

Haven't heard of one, probably the wrong forum for this particular question.

Advertisement