Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitored Alarm options with existing alarm

Options
  • 28-10-2014 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Hoping for some advice - recently purchased a house with phonewatch alarm. Will other companies provide monitoring service using the Phonewatch alarm or would they need to install new equipment.

Seems that phonewatch are pricy for the monitoring service but that would be offset it I needed to get a new system or significant setup costs from another provider.

Ideally another provider would be able to use the current system and provide a most reasonable monitoring service.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hoping for some advice - recently purchased a house with phonewatch alarm. Will other companies provide monitoring service using the Phonewatch alarm or would they need to install new equipment.

Seems that phonewatch are pricy for the monitoring service but that would be offset it I needed to get a new system or significant setup costs from another provider.

Ideally another provider would be able to use the current system and provide a most reasonable monitoring service.

Thanks,

Yes and no would be the answer without knowing what system you have installed.
    The new system they use, uses cameras. There station if the only one with a receiver to pick them up so no way out I am afraid.
    With regards to having the system upgraded, I would only recommend this if the system you have is an obsolete system. Like the older classic or premier systems. Most of there other systems can be taken over with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Derek Zoolander

altor wrote: »
    Yes and no would be the answer without knowing what system you have installed.
    The new system they use, uses cameras. There station if the only one with a receiver to pick them up so no way out I am afraid.
    With regards to having the system upgraded, I would only recommend this if the system you have is an obsolete system. Like the older classic or premier systems. Most of there other systems can be taken over with no problems.

Thanks Altor - its a GE Simon XT system but I'm not sure it has cameras etc.

Regards,
    Ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks Altor - its a GE Simon XT system but I'm not sure it has cameras etc.

Regards,
    Ronan

The newer versions of the XT will allow PIR cameras, if you have the P.W. one it wont. You can also request your engineer code off P.W. and sign a waver form to receive this code. With this you can set up the XT to contact yourself using the voice function as apposed to contacting a monitoring station.

Advertisement