Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pull and Bear - returns

Options
  • 28-10-2014 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

I purchased a bag end of July.
    The strap has now fallen off when I was using it one day, and the stitching is becoming frayed inside the bag.
    I have the receipt and credit card statement.

2 questions: Can I be offered just a replacement or am I entitled to a refund also? It's not a shop I usually shop in and hoping to avoid a credit note. I still need another bag but am reluctant to take another replacement if the handle falls off that quickly.

If I am due a refund, I know this money will be refunded to the original payment method (i.e. credit card). Unfortunately I have changed bank accounts in September and now have a new credit card - will that matter?

Thanks.

Also, would anyone have a list of the store locators in Ireland? Maybe it's just terrible internet but I cannot find a list of stores.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Okay thanks, so I'm not entitled to a refund per sé, they could offer me a replacement? I hadn't thought a repair would be offered with a bag but I suppose it might be. I wouldn't mind a replacement but I'm a bit sceptical about the quality of the bag if the strap breaks after just a few wears.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The law allows for a replacement, repair or refund. The shop will pick the most ecomonic and viable option. A repair on a cheap handbag doesn't make sense really, so you'll likely get offered a replacement or refund.

If you get a refund, it should be a proper refund (not store credit) and is usually via the original method of payment. Store credit is not acceptable in this situation, but if store credit suits, then go for it. Just be aware that a proper refund is the legal redress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Thank you dudara. Good to know.

Advertisement