Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navigating to specific page of forum home.

Options
  • 28-10-2014 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭

I think maybe this should go in Site Development, but that's kind of a black hole at the moment, so maybe it will be ok here.

I want to know if there is a way to navigate to a specific page of a forum - what I mean by this is as follows:

If I look at the After Hours forum, there are some stickies at the top, and a list of threads underneath, ordered by how recent the last post in each thread was. As other threads get more replies, some threads fall off the bottom of the page and onto the 2nd page, then the 3rd, and so on.

If I take this thread as a random example:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82747664

what I want to do is look at the list of posters who posted in this thread, but to do that I need to be looking not at the thread itself, but at the page of the forum the thread is on, which might be page 50 or page 500.

As far I can see, the only way to do this is to note the date of the last post in the thread and then trawl through the pages of the forum, with dates getting closer, until I finally hit that page. Then, I can click on the 'who has posted in this thread' link which is also the total number of posts in the thread.

Is there an easier way of finding this?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

Advertisement