Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier Visa Debit card

Options
  • 28-10-2014 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi, I have received a so called Premier Visa Debit card today by post. Can you please confirm the differences between it and my normal visa debit card and any advantages if any for having it over my normal visa debit card. Reading the literature I can't seem to find any differences. Can you also confirm if the charges are the same for this card as my normal visa debit and if an additional charge is incurred for accepting this card.

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi sailing,

Thank you for your query.

One of the major advantages associated with this card and exclusive to our Premier Customers only, is the Emergency Cash facility. Should your card get lost or stolen while you're abroad, we can provide you with emergency cash at no extra charge. To avail of this emergency support it would be necessary to contact our Premier Banking Team on 1890 365 121 / 00353 1 4044022 . This team are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help.

In addition, our Premier Customers can avail of an increased daily withdrawal limit up to €1,300 should they find their current withdrawal limit not suitable.

To start using your Premier Visa Debit Card, it will be necessary to activate it in one of our Bank of Ireland ATM's first.  Your new card will have the same PIN as your existing card.

Please also note, no additional fees or charges are associated with this card.

Should you have any additional queries regarding this card, or should you wish to increase your daily withdrawal limit, please contact our Premier Banking team on the number quoted above and a representative will be more than happy to offer you assistance.

We hope this information has been of benefit to you, if we can help you with anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭sailing

Hi sailing,

Thank you for your query.

One of the major advantages associated with this card and exclusive to our Premier Customers only, is the Emergency Cash facility. Should your card get lost or stolen while you're abroad, we can provide you with emergency cash at no extra charge. To avail of this emergency support it would be necessary to contact our Premier Banking Team on 1890 365 121 / 00353 1 4044022 . This team are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help.

In addition, our Premier Customers can avail of an increased daily withdrawal limit up to €1,300 should they find their current withdrawal limit not suitable.

To start using your Premier Visa Debit Card, it will be necessary to activate it in one of our Bank of Ireland ATM's first.  Your new card will have the same PIN as your existing card.

Please also note, no additional fees or charges are associated with this card.

Should you have any additional queries regarding this card, or should you wish to increase your daily withdrawal limit, please contact our Premier Banking team on the number quoted above and a representative will be more than happy to offer you assistance.

We hope this information has been of benefit to you, if we can help you with anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

Thank you for your reply. In essence then the only difference is the increased daily allowance. The emergency cash idea I take it is available to premier customers anyway regardless of whether you have a premier card or not. After all it's only useful when your card is stolen or lost so the card element is irrelevant. It probably would have been a better idea to just increase the allowance if required on accounts holding premier backing using their current cards. Seems a huge waste of bank and customer money to issue a new card for minimal customer benefit. Thanks anyway for your reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Thanks sailing, we will certainly ensure your feedback is passed on to our Premier Banking Team for consideration.

If we can offer you any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

Advertisement