Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I turn a baby from posterior position at 40 weeks

Options
  • 28-10-2014 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi.
    Has anyone any experience of turning a baby that is back to back at full term.
    Baby only turned in d last 10 days and since than I have tried everything the midwife said....down on all fours..birthing ball and not lying back in chairs etc.
    I am trying accuputure tomorrow but its not looking good. From wat I know the baby is only 4/5 engaged. This is my first.
    Has anyone else and similar issues and got through. ..id really rather not have a section.
    Sorry bout the long post
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

There's not really a lot you can do, but a back to back baby doesn't automatically mean a c section, we only discovered my little lady had turned op when I was in the thick of labour, despite being perfectly positioned for nine months :D, and I had a normal birth - bloody tough going mind you.

Babies can change positions quite a lot in these last few days, try to go with it and trust that your body will do what it needs to - easier said than done, I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

My induced back to back labour was a hell of a lot less painful without an epidural then my ideally positioned first induced labour with an epidural!! I did everything I could to turn baby but nothing worked. Honestly it was an ideal labour... Try not to worry too much about it. I found a tens machine amazing for labour with baby back to back too

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Check out spinning babies.com lots of advice there.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭user37

fall wrote: »

I have tried that website and have been doing all the exercises.
    Guess I will have to wait an see.
    Thanks for the positive stories....google can sometimes be dangerous! !!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

I had an induced back to back labour

The birthing ball was used during labour doing circular motions.

Also the tens machine.

But I would also echo that it was far worse than my 2nd labour which was not back to back.
    .don't stress. I didn't even know she was back to back till about 3 hrs before she was born

Advertisement