Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skerries/Balbriggan/Rush/Swords on Eircom upgrade plan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Rush and Skerries are also on the ESB/Vodafone fibre-to-the-home joint venture, so it's all very positive news. Could end up with the best home broadband speeds in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

GIGGAAAAABIIIIITTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Yet another benefit to living in The North County :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yet another benefit to living in The North County :)

The internet is the non benefit of living in the north county imo.... :)

Even since we got fibre - it's still miles behind the likes of UPCs offerings in the areas they service, if we got a 1GB download I would cry like a baby....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Fieldog wrote: »
    The internet is the non benefit of living in the north county imo.... :)

Even since we got fibre - it's still miles behind the likes of UPCs offerings in the areas they service, if we got a 1GB download I would cry like a baby....

Yeah. Got 40mb/s fibre from Vodafone in late 2013.

That's still less than I was getting from UPC in town six years before that.

Still, all of this is definitely a step in the right direction. Once Eircom and the ESB bring fibre speeds to the door then UPC won't have much of an advantage anymore presumably?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

quad_red wrote: »
    Once Eircom and the ESB bring fibre speeds to the door then UPC won't have much of an advantage anymore presumably?

I'd imagine it will obliterate any advantage they have (except they've built a very good reputation for themselves in fairness).

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

I have to say that I wouldn't be too hopeful about this proposal.

I live smack in the middle of Skerries just 104 metres from a new cabinet which was put into place about 18 months ago and which has still to be activated.

Working from home I could do with fast reliable broadband but the fastest available to me is just 7mb. :(

Any time I call eircom about it they can't even hazard a guess as to when if ever they will be able to deliver fibre broadband to my address.

I'll believe it when I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I have to say that I wouldn't be too hopeful about this proposal.

I live smack in the middle of Skerries just 104 metres from a new cabinet which was put into place about 18 months ago and which has still to be activated.

Working from home I could do with fast reliable broadband but the fastest available to me is just 7mb. :(

Any time I call eircom about it they can't even hazard a guess as to when if ever they will be able to deliver fibre broadband to my address.

I'll believe it when I see it.

That's annoying :/

They seem to plumb up estates first (for obvious reasons). But it's sad to see them just abandoning the 'gaps' in coverage rather than sorting it out before they move on.

Advertisement