Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

APALLING SERVICE

Options
  • 28-10-2014 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

at end of august after  1 1/2 years of "acceptable" speed my internet drops to 0.3-0.8mb after around 6pm. i rang after about a month and after going throught the same checks i always do surprise , surprise not problem could be found. 2 1/2 weeks ago i rang(08/10) and after same story found that problem was eircom end but told to wait 2 weeks to let engineers solve problem. rang again(22/10)and was told problem was resolved, which set me off. was told i would recieve phone call next day. never did . got a phone call today from someone telling me case was resolved! but not fixed as exchange would need to be upgraded, but no idea when. caller was very reluctant to give me case number , who he was , who his manager was, what department he was or even WHERE he was!!!!! (after i suspect a quick google, thank god his internet was working well), he was however quick to tell me that my contract says 'up to *mb' unprompted .good isnt he?
    getting zero response on twitter aswell

im paying as much if not more than efibre users yet no upgrading or even maintenance is done to my line, its all been spent on sharehold....errr i mean efibre rollout

on a side note, my compliments to the eircom billing dept. who get my bill to me on time with no problems

yours 
    via tincan and a string

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

sjmc wrote: »
    at end of august after  1 1/2 years of "acceptable" speed my internet drops to 0.3-0.8mb after around 6pm. i rang after about a month and after going throught the same checks i always do surprise , surprise not problem could be found. 2 1/2 weeks ago i rang(08/10) and after same story found that problem was eircom end but told to wait 2 weeks to let engineers solve problem. rang again(22/10)and was told problem was resolved, which set me off. was told i would recieve phone call next day. never did . got a phone call today from someone telling me case was resolved! but not fixed as exchange would need to be upgraded, but no idea when. caller was very reluctant to give me case number , who he was , who his manager was, what department he was or even WHERE he was!!!!! (after i suspect a quick google, thank god his internet was working well), he was however quick to tell me that my contract says 'up to *mb' unprompted .good isnt he?

im paying as much if not more than efibre users yet no upgrading or even maintenance is done to my line, its all been spent on sharehold....errr i mean efibre rollout

on a side note, my compliments to the eircom billing dept. who get my bill to me on time with no problems

yours 
    via tincan and a string
    Hi smjc, 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with ourselves. 

Would you like to PM me your account details and I'll look into your case history.

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

yours 
    via tincan and a string

Fair play for taking time to write your post. I amongst others really appreciate feedback like this .. Helps to avoid similar issues thks a lot love the can and string signature lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sjmc

Pm  back was unfortunately answering a different question to what I asked. I see that eircom is not willing to provide the service I'm paying for. I'm not looking for a quicker service, I'm looking for a return of the service I paid for'Up to 3mb'. I'm getting in evenings for the last 2mths '0.3-0.8mb' as opposed to the 2.3mb I got the previous 1 1/2 years and eircom technical has said twice to me in last 2 weeks that problem is their side. I am being told today that the opposite is is true less than 24hrs later? No not buying that. Line is capable of 7mb, I watched the engineer test the line with machine when he replaced the previous engineers 'work'! (Wrapping line with electrical tape then put in  small clear plastic bag as line enters the ground). Probably won't be able to see this post as it will be deemed abusive but service on phone and here is insulting and time wasting. 
    I pray the asset strippers keep up the good work on sitcom. My bill still arrives on time and charging me to upgrade everyone else's efibre will I can't get a steady service. Announcing 1gb internet! Can't get 1mb after 6!

Yours 
    Via Tin Can and String

PS : no answer on reluctance of staff to give me information on who to contact or who was in charge time scale to fix etc, as operator struggled to know the where he was working !

dear tracey

sorry my sarcasm may be clouding the point im trying to get across due to the lack of will in providing me answers to reduction in my service,ill try to make bullet point for clarity

-i am on 'up to 3mb' owing to distance from exchange

-from 05/2013-09/2014 service was at nearly any time of day roughly 2.3mbs

-since then after 6pm it i s roughly 0.3-0.8mbs

-after a lorry brought down line an egineer came out and replaced line. i asked him to check line as noise on line issue for about 1 year. the engineer tested the  line at my socket and we both saw 7mb capable(not that i'm after that)

-In the last 2  weeks the Eircom Tech Team has instructed me that problem is Eircom side not me, the last phone call being 28/10/14. but no date on when problem would be fixed only when exchange is upgraded? (never asked for upgrade service ,just the service im paying for)

now all i want is my service returned to what i was getting up to september this year as you have admitted problem is your end, 

no more than that, not much to ask

yours
    sj

ps: please when i ring the helpline can this case NOT BE MARKED AS 'RESOLVED' as im always told it is,

just off the phone with tech help and operator told me last wedenesday issue was reported back and exchange has no spare ports yet they couldnt tell me last week when i rang nor yesterday when i finally recieved a call back. was also told that other service providers using the exchange could cause the problem. WOW! Eircom making money from other ISP and im paying for that !!( aswell as for efibre/1gb/NGB infrastructure for everyone else's benefit because its certainly not being used to maintain the exchange near me) so something has happened in last 2 months to my service and nothing will be done about it. has been admitted problem is Eircom side. so i get misinformation on phoneline and from boards forum and told to contact 'someone else' who 'may or may not' help me!

oh and by the way...........1000mbs internet is coming WOOOOOOOHOOOOO

and before you block me why do your phone operators talk as if Eircom is another company that they do work FOR but not work for?

yours

via smoke signals 

ps: advised by Eircom Technical hepline operator NOT to bother escalating this again as nothing would be done anyway!
    YOU GOTTA LOVE IT DONTCHA

• Advertisement

just found this on advertising standards agency website doe it apply here?

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Where a particular broadband speed is being promoted or where superlatives such as ‘high speed’, ‘fast’, etc are used, a reference to the variability of speeds should be included.  Phrases such as [/font][font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]‘Broadband speeds may vary’ [/font][font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]are acceptable provided that the busy hour speed is close enough to those advertised so as not to affect the customers' experience in any meaningful way."[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]asai.ie/news.asp?nid=35[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]sj[/font]

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Efibre is not the answer either - not that that is much consolation to you - I was visiting a friend last night who has efiber and before midnight he was getting what could only be described as dial up speeds - when he got efibre first the speeds were pretty good but there is something seriously wrong now.

Perhaps the support staff you have been talking to are contractors?

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

and before you block me why do your phone operators talk as if Eircom is another company that they do work FOR but not work for?
    Eircom is two seperate companies

1. Eircom Wholesale - these deal with ALL isps using eircom WHOLESALE owned infrastructure - and only deal with their customers (not you but isps such as Eircom Retail, Vodafone, Pure Telecom, Sky, Magnet, and BT). Eircom Wholesale own all the lines, cabs and exchanges

2. Eircom Retails - these guys deal with only Eircom Retail customers. Eircom retail resell broadband/phone and tv

great thread , ended in march 2014 yet still no answer

<snip> users with <50 posts are not allowed post links

seems you pay up and shut up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fidia

The best thing that could happen is that Eircom is wound up and let the ESB take it over. They are already fixing their faults and installing their own broadband network. Eircom including its useless customer service it a basket case waiting to implode.

My advice: Switch to Sky, UPC or if you have pets at home ask them to provide your broadband. They cant speak, read or write but there's a pretty good chance they will provide you with better service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭major deegan

fidia wrote: »
     The best thing that could happen is that Eircom is wound up and let the ESB take it over. They are already fixing their faults and installing their own broadband network. Eircom including its useless customer service it a basket case waiting to implode.

My advice: Switch to Sky, UPC or if you have pets at home ask them to provide your broadband. They cant speak, read or write but there's a pretty good chance they will provide you with better service!

Hope your'e right with the ESB bit , be great to see a competent company providing the service... I have the jack russell running a few cat 5's at the minute, he hopes to have it going properly this evening!!!

Hope your'e right with the ESB bit , be great to see a competent company providing the service... I have the jack russell running a few cat 5's at the minute, he hopes to have it going properly this evening!!!

Been warned for spamming on eircom forum
    (ie: trying to get a response as a paying customer., and no not a template response and "now go away please")
    So basically shut up and put up!

right,will be my last word on this shambles

-from 05/13 to 09/14 i would get 2.3mb in evening time on 'up to 3mb, 
    -now i get 0.3-0.8mb if im lucky.
    -no anwser as to what happened and no answer when already agreed problem on eircom side will be fixed. 
    -threatened with removal if i dont shut up and go away.

the reason i am peed off? didnt want to but here comes the sob story
    my child has a life threatening/shortening disease called Rett Syndrome. Google it, most people recognise as Coleen Rooney's(mrs wayne rooney) sister died from it. anyway, due to the woeful resources in our healthcare system(thats another story) the Rett association of Ireland  managed to get our daughter onto an exciting program via experts in physio and speech in language in Isreal.this could mean the difference between her walking, keeping her scoliosis at bay and encouraging her language( she is non verbal...at present)now the program involves sessions carried out over skype in the evening times...see what's coming?

this service is now out of our reach and she cant benefit from this as service is nowhere near good enough. before september this year , at 2.3mb in evening we stood a chance.

again and for last time return the service to what i had before september

sj

Advertisement