Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 6 Plus Cases - The good, the bad & the ugly!

• 28-10-2014 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Ok so I've had my little (well perhaps little isn't quite accurate) iPhone 6 Plus for over a week now and so far I'm pretty pleased with it overall. However, there seems to be a distinct lack of decent cases in shops for it. I travel a lot, and usually the airports are the business for sorting cases and the like, but sadly not this time.

So I've searched online and needless to say there is 100's, but I like to pick up and feel a case where possible as I'm really fussy about them! I like them to be firm, solid, very protective etc. The look of them is pretty well down the list in terms of my consideration. So far, the best one I appear to have come across is this one on Amazon - the Spigen® [KICK-STAND] iPhone 6 Plus

http://www.amazon.com/KICK-STAND-Protective-Absorption-Protection-Kick-Stand/dp/B00JH83DU0/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A2SFKRF5TPZMT5

It looks great, seems to tick all my boxes. However, before I hand over my cash, I wondered if anyone on here has one and what they think? Perhaps you have a better one?

Basically I want a case that covers all sides, is slim, has a lip to give the screen some small bit of protection if it falls face down and is a good tight fit.

Help greatly appreciated.

Paul.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Dealz have iphone 6+ cases. Grand for the princely sum of 1.50!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

The brief time I had the 6plus I had the Apple silcone case nice case added very little bulk to the phone. I now have the Apple leather for iP6 it's a premium cover again adds very little bulk to the phone I would highly recommend it I would imagine it would be the same for the 6plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

i have a Spigen Tough armour case for my 6 plus. It is similar to the one you are looking at. It is a well made quality case.

http://www.spigen.co.uk/iphone-6-case-tough-armor-5-5.html?color=202#.VFTLZYc3XzI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Picking up one ofthe 12south BookBook's when it's released shortly.
    Has the advantages of being a wallet allowing me to leave my normal wallet at home and I can pop out the iphone as will for browsing naked as it should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Blazer wrote: »
    Picking up one ofthe 12south BookBook's when it's released shortly.
    Has the advantages of being a wallet allowing me to leave my normal wallet at home and I can pop out the iphone as will for browsing naked as it should be.

I have one for my 4s and I love it. I was looking at some reviews for the 5/5s case and one person (a 4s user of book book) complained that for the 5/5s version the quality was very poor in comparison. Don't know if they made a packet on their first model and then started to cut corners to boost their revenue.
    Might be no harm just waiting for a few reviews before you jump on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I have one for my 4s and I love it. I was looking at some reviews for the 5/5s case and one person (a 4s user of book book) complained that for the 5/5s version the quality was very poor in comparison. Don't know if they made a packet on their first model and then started to cut corners to boost their revenue.
    Might be no harm just waiting for a few reviews before you jump on it.

yeah I have the one for the 5/5s and they did for the phone holder I reckon. One corner broke off after a few months but it still held the phone in. Although I was taking it out and in etc about 5-10 times a day so probably just wear and tear.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭paulgrogan.eu

Well hopefully this might help anyone who had the same dilemma as me when trying to choose an iPhone case!

After endless searching of airports, shops, websites, review sites etc, I eventually concluded that the case which seemed to be getting overall strong feedback was the Spigen range of cases.

However, I was a little nervous as ideally I like to try the cases on, feel them for sturdiness, ease of use of the buttons etc. Sadly, I couldn't find these in the high street anywhere so I just had to roll with it.

I went with the Tough Armor model in Smooth black (http://www.spigen.co.uk/iphone-6-case-tough-armor-5-5.html?color=89#.VHL8Icngj9U)

Last Friday I ordered it direct from their website as Amazon, despite being about £1 cheaper, was estimating a delivery date of Dec 5! So I took a chance that Spigen might be able to ship faster. I went with Parcel Motel delivery which got me free standard UK delivery on their site. Much to my surprise, I received a text message on Saturday night to say it had arrived in the Parcel Motel in Naas! 1 Day later!

I collected it on Sunday morning and so far I am hugely impressed. The buttons do need a firm press on the sides, but nothing that would be a huge inconvenience to every day use. The case is well finished, firm, tight around the phone and certainly not flimsy in any way. There is a slight rise at the front so you do have a couple of mm of grace should your phone land screen side down. The little piece that comes out the back to allow you to prop the phone up on its side is very cool, and very handy. I haven't really used it to watch anything yet, but I don't see why it won't work well.

All in all, I give this case 10/10 as so far I can't fault it.

Hope that helps any other iPhone6 Plus users out there!

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

can someone tell me where i can get the official apple leather iphone 6 case in a bricks and mortar in Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭paulgrogan.eu

can someone tell me where i can get the official apple leather iphone 6 case in a bricks and mortar in Dublin ?

CompuB have had plenty of them any time I have looked recently. In particular opposite Trinity College or Dundrum.

Hope that helps.

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭iniall

CompuB have had plenty of them any time I have looked recently. In particular opposite Trinity College or Dundrum.

Hope that helps.

P.

Dundrum only had orange last Friday!

Free delivery on Apple.com/ie if you can wait a few days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement