Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signed up to emobile 24month contract in-store, decided to cancel contract within 7 d

Options
  • 28-10-2014 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I Signed up to 24month contract in-store, decided to cancel contract within 7 days(grace period), told not possible as no such thing as a grace period when bought instore.
    Can I get clarifcation on this please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

bidiots wrote: »
    Hi,
    I Signed up to 24month contract in-store, decided to cancel contract within 7 days(grace period), told not possible as no such thing as a grace period when bought instore.
    Can I get clarifcation on this please

Hi bidiots,
    The 7 day grace period only stands if you purchase online or over the phone. If you purchase in store you can only exchange for a full refund or exchange if the phone is faulty within the first 28 days.

This link  states the t&c's in full. 

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Tracey thanks for the feedback. My phone is currently getting checked out by Sony so I'll see what the story is.

Now don't laugh but - Is there any chance you can get the eMobile shop in Galway to get in touch with me? I have tried the phone number yesterday for 6 hours straight but no answer. Then I had to make my way into the city which is a costly inconvenience. 

It turns out that the phone was stolen. The phone from the store as in 091 560450 phone. Yes, a phone shop with no phone.
    It would be funny if I haven't been led around in circles by your support staff since Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Tracey thanks for the feedback. My phone is currently getting checked out by Sony so I'll see what the story is.

Now don't laugh but - Is there any chance you can get the eMobile shop in Galway to get in touch with me? I have tried the phone number yesterday for 6 hours straight but no answer. Then I had to make my way into the city which is a costly inconvenience. 

It turns out that the phone was stolen. The phone from the store as in 091 560450 phone. Yes, a phone shop with no phone.
    It would be funny if I haven't been led around in circles by your support staff since Saturday.

No problem at all.

I've just been in contact with the store there, they have a phone working now so you can contact them this way to get the issue sorted. If you have any further issues come back to me.

Thanks

Tracey

No problem at all.

I've just been in contact with the store there, they have a phone working now so you can contact them this way to get the issue sorted. If you have any further issues come back to me.

Thanks

Tracey
    Thanks Tracey, I think they were surprised by the fact I can cancel if the device is faulty, I bought it on the 20th and returned it on the 25th, once its found faulty, I can definitely cancel?

No problem at all.

Thanks

Tracey
    Thanks Tracey, I think they were surprised by the fact I can cancel if the device is faulty, I bought it on the 20th and returned it on the 25th, once its found faulty, I can definitely cancel?
    Can you confirm this please Tracey

• Advertisement

Hello? Anyone?

Hello? Anyone?
    Response Time 14hrs my back side!

Can you confirm this please Tracey/Aisling/Alan/Colm/Tony

This is beyond a joke.

No problem at all.

Thanks

Tracey

Such an ignorant company!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

No problem at all.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi

Yes if the phone is found faulty you have a week’s grace period in which you can return the handset.

Thanks
    Ash

• Advertisement

No problem at all.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi

Yes if the phone is found faulty you have a week’s grace period in which you can return the handset.

Thanks
    Ash
    Ash, I know I can return the handset if found faulty. But what has not been answered is "once its found faulty, I can definitely cancel?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

This sounds very dodgy indeed. A store with no working phone number which cannot be contacted, and doesn't understand the terms of the contracts it sells on behalf of eircom. 

I hope you get this sorted out OP. Surely it is illegal to sell stolen goods?

Just to clarify

The Phone(Landline) from the shop was stolen, but since been replaced so I was able to contact them.

I'm just trying to confirm that if you sign a new contract in a shop, that if you find the phone is faulty within a specified time, that you can cancel the contract.  
    I keep receiving confirmation on a point that I know already and not on the one I need clarified.

Also, that response time in the top right hand corner should be adjusted to at least 144hrs!
    percy212 wrote: »
    This sounds very dodgy indeed. A store with no working phone number which cannot be contacted, and doesn't understand the terms of the contracts it sells on behalf of eircom. 

I hope you get this sorted out OP. Surely it is illegal to sell stolen goods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

No problem at all.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi

Thanks
    Ash
    Ash, I know I can return the handset if found faulty. But what has not been answered is "once its found faulty, I can definitely cancel?"

As Tracey mentioned to you in a previous post you can only return the handset if bought online or over the phone. If the phone is found faulty and you bought in store then you would be entitled to a replacement phone.

Thanks
    Ash

As Tracey mentioned to you in a previous post you can only return the handset if bought online or over the phone. If the phone is found faulty and you bought in store then you would be entitled to a replacement phone.

Thanks
    Ash
    tumblr_m1tq0l7b3l1qieybw.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

they seem to keep answering their own question, not the customers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

You can return the phone and get a new one. You can't cancel your contract...

Start writing some letters of complaint OP. I can't believe there is no cooling off period for an in store contract. That just doesn't make sense. Nor does the fact that you were sold a stolen phone for an eircom contract. I am sure eircom want to do the right thing here and let you cancel.

Percy, I wasn't sold a stolen phone.

All I'm trying to get confirmed, as intimated by Tracey on the first page is that: 

"once its found faulty, I can definitely cancel?"

For some reason everyone that replies just states the same, useless info that I have acknowledged already. 
    All I can do now is go to Comreg and cancel the contract due to the recent contract changes that were made.

So, just in case any of Aisling/Tracey/Colm/Alan answer this post in the next few weeks(response time is a joke), this is the question, again!

"once its found faulty, I can definitely cancel?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Hi bidiots

To confirm, If the phone is faulty you can return and get a replacement but you would not be able to cancel a contract in this instance.

thanks
    Colm

• Advertisement

Ok, finally some feedback.

Now, in this case  
    Originally posted by eircom: Tracey

If you purchase in store you can only exchange for a full refund

Tracey

You purchase a phone and contract. If you can cancel the phone, which is part of the contract, how therefore, is it not possible to cancel the contract?

Now, in this case  

Tracey

You purchase a phone and contract. If you can cancel the phone, which is part of the contract, how therefore, is it not possible to cancel the contract?
    Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Now, in this case  

Tracey

Hi bidiots

The case which you have described above cannot occur and the phone cannot be "cancelled" however it can be replaced if faulty as advised above. 

Al

Now, in this case  

Tracey

Hi bidiots

The case which you have described above cannot occur and the phone cannot be "cancelled" however it can be replaced if faulty as advised above. 

Al
    Well now I'm getting conflicting advice in the same thread from 3 different Reps, which one of you is right?

They are saying they will replace your phone but you are STUCK with that contract. I would write a few letters OP. Look for the head of customer service contact or maybe the COO. The reps here should really pass this issue on to someone who can help you. 

Buying direct from eircom allows for a cooling off period. Buying from a store does not. This is misleading to the consumer. Its clearly unfair.

I hope you get what you want.

percy212 wrote: »
    Buying direct from eircom allows for a cooling off period. Buying from a store does not. This is misleading to the consumer. Its clearly unfair.

This is the crazy part that ensures I'll never buy from a store, ever again.  Maybe that's what they really want.  

But now they have my bill screwed up so I think my name came out of the 'Lets drive this customer nuts' hat!

Advertisement