Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought tablet but charger missing

Options
  • 28-10-2014 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Bought a Samsung Tab S 10.5 but the charger was not included, and one of the seals were broken.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Sam Mac wrote: »
    does this 30 day guarantee apply for opened items? after a week?

from the argos website
    The item(s) must be unused, in the original packaging and in a saleable condition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Beano wrote: »
    from the argos website

I bought a Samsung tablet off them today & the charger was missing from the pack, and the seal on the box was actually broken when I got home to use it. can I return for refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Posts split out to new thread
    I bought a Samsung tablet off them today & the charger was missing from the pack, and the seal on the box was actually broken when I got home to use it. can I return for refund?
    Not under the 30 day guarantee, tablets are excluded.

You have a product which is defective/not as described. You are entitled to have the defect remedied either by being given a charger or replacement sealed box. You are not normally entitled to a refund in the first instance, usually only after other remedies (repair/replacement) are not appropriate or feasible.

In my experience Argos will usually just exchange for a new tablet in a sealed box.

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Not under the 30 day guarantee, tablets are excluded.

You have a product which is defective/not as described. You are entitled to have the defect remedied either by being given a charger or replacement sealed box. You are not normally entitled to a refund in the first instance, usually only after other remedies (repair/replacement) are not appropriate or feasible.

In my experience Argos will usually just exchange for a new tablet in a sealed box.

No mention of the tab s being excluded on my receipt, or on the website where I reserved it. No mention of this either at the self service pay tills.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2663524/Trail/searchtext%3ETAB+S.htm

EDIT: according to the 'returns' page; '' If a product is excluded from our 30-day money-back guarantee, it is clearly marked with a † '' - No † to be seen on the Tab S page, or on any of the Tab S products for that matter.

No mention of the tab s being excluded on my receipt, or on the website where I reserved it. No mention of this either at the self service pay tills.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2663524/Trail/searchtext%3ETAB+S.htm

EDIT: according to the 'returns' page; '' If a product is excluded from our 30-day money-back guarantee, it is clearly marked with a † '' - No † to be seen on the Tab S page, or on any of the Tab S products for that matter.
    Tablets and other electronic devices which can hold personal data are normally marked as excluded but as your product isn't so marked then it's included. I'd make sure to take a print out of that page just in case it changes.

However, your problem is that you have a open package which would normally disqualify you from the money-back guarantee anyway. You may have to convince them the seal was broken when you got it, but they're generally quite good to deal with.

• Advertisement

Tablets and other electronic devices which can hold personal data are normally marked as excluded but as your product isn't so marked then it's included. I'd make sure to take a print out of that page just in case it changes.

However, your problem is that you have a open package which would normally disqualify you from the money-back guarantee anyway. You may have to convince them the seal was broken when you got it, but they're generally quite good to deal with.

I have the pages saved as a screenshot, is that ok?

Surely they have to refund me, as they have basically sold me an 'opened' product? I know Samsung wouldn't be too happy knowing they sold a new product with broken seals.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Surely they have to refund me, as they have basically sold me an 'opened' product? I know Samsung wouldn't be too happy knowing they sold a new product with broken seals.

Whats the problem? Just go back, I'd be certain they will swap it straight for a new device there and then.

Whats the problem? Just go back, I'd be certain they will swap it straight for a new device there and then.

I would love that, but no stock left in the store or any store in Cork for that matter.

Screenshot is fine.

If you're returning a faulty product they only have to replace the missing charger, you're not entitled to a refund as a first choice remedy. If they can't give you a charger or a sealed box then you are entitled to a refund.
    If you're returning under their 30 day money back guarantee then you may have to convince them the seal was already broken otherwise they don't have to do anything as it's not in a saleable condition.

I doubt Samsung will be too bothered about the odd opened package, it's not gong to impact their worldwide sales or reputation.

Screenshot is fine.

If you're returning a faulty product they only have to replace the missing charger, you're not entitled to a refund as a first choice remedy. If they can't give you a charger or a sealed box then you are entitled to a refund.
    If you're returning under their 30 day money back guarantee then you may have to convince them the seal was already broken otherwise they don't have to do anything as it's not in a saleable condition.

I doubt Samsung will be too bothered about the odd opened package, it's not gong to impact their worldwide sales or reputation.

It wasn't in a saleable condition in the first place though, the seal was broken & should not have been sold to myself or anyone for that matter.
    After checking out the tablet itself, it was already turned on when I took it out, and there is a slight bend outwards at the edge of the screen.

• Advertisement

Just bring it back and tell them it's faulty with accessories missing. It seems to be out of stock in a lot of stores so you have an excellent chance of getting a refund straight up. Alternatively you can ask them to see if a replacement is available in any of their stores, I'm sure they'll be happy to transfer it for you if you prefer.

Thanks guys, sound advice as always - will head in tomorrow & update the thread with the outcome.

Got the refund without issue, thanks again guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Got the refund without issue, thanks again guys.

In fairness to Argos, I've returned a couple of things and never a quibble.

Advertisement