Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HACCP course

Options
  • 28-10-2014 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

Is it worth doing the course online? Been offered a decent price to do levels 1-3 but do you need hands on experience for it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Is it worth doing the course online? Been offered a decent price to do levels 1-3 but do you need hands on experience for it

my wife did the online course a few years ago and it was recognized by the food authorities when she needed certification for various purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

my wife did the online course a few years ago and it was recognized by the food authorities when she needed certification for various purposes.

Ok thanks, will it suffice for selling hot food at festivals/markets etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

not sure, you can check that out by contacting the food authority. They are very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I did the in person one. It's pretty much a joke. I can't see why an online one would not be suitable. Is the course fetac accredited?

However with food production, selling at markets etc if it is your own gig you will need a decent haccp manual with all relevant info in it for the HSE inspector.

Advertisement