Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sharkbait MMA Limerick

• 28-10-2014 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone can give me the address for this club?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Letsdoit

Hi, just wondering if anyone can give me the address for this club?

Ballysimon road behind finucanes electrical

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

Letsdoit wrote: »
    Ballysimon road behind finucanes electrical

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

This place still going? I work in Castletroy during the week and I'm dying to try something different. Getting sick of going to the gym every day.

Worth heading in some evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Yes, still going. Has put out a number of fighters competing in shows around the country too in the last few years.

There a nice few beginners training currently as part of a beginner's programe, so now would be a good time to start for a beginner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Sound,

I might call in some evening during the week. What kind of age brackets would be there? (I'm 24)

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Sound,

I might call in some evening during the week. What kind of age brackets would be there? (I'm 24)

It varies. At the moment, the beginners is mostly full of 18 thru 30 maybe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Head Wreck

Is it too late to join a beginners course at 29? A terribly unfit 29 at that.. Not looking to compete but just to learn, train and spar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Head Wreck wrote: »
    Is it too late to join a beginners course at 29? A terribly unfit 29 at that.. Not looking to compete but just to learn, train and spar?

It's never too late. 29, 39, 49.....

It's never too late. Next beginners' course is in January, but you can join the regular class anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Wish I had started that young! All you need is a will to learn the rest will follow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

I have to do this in January

I have to do this in January

Me too. See you there? We can ne old newbies together

Head Wreck wrote:
    Me too. See you there? We can ne old newbies together

100%. 35 now so running out of time to turn pro. Haha

100%. 35 now so running out of time to turn pro. Haha

Have you any martial arts or boxing experience at all or total newbie?

Head Wreck wrote:
    Have you any martial arts or boxing experience at all or total newbie?

Does three months of tae kwon do when I was 17 count? Complete newbie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

What are ye waiting on lads go down tomorrow night and start!

Gamebred wrote:
    What are ye waiting on lads go down tomorrow night and start!

They're already 6 weeks in aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

Article here about the Sharkbait Gym, should ease the concerns of anyone feeling apprehensive about joining.

http://www.limerickpost.ie/2016/06/23/mixed-perceptions-mixed-martial-arts/

They're already 6 weeks in aren't they?

6 weeks into what? just go down and join or even go check the gym out get a time table and start monday even start off doing a few jiu jitsu classes.

Gamebred wrote:
    6 weeks into what? just go down and join or even go check the gym out get a time table and start monday even start off doing a few jiu jitsu classes.

Thought they started a beginners program in September. And another one starting in January. You probably have a good idea - is it as many classes as you want a week or is it usually just a couple of classes and you head to as many extra classes as you like?

• Advertisement

Thought they started a beginners program in September. And another one starting in January. You probably have a good idea - is it as many classes as you want a week or is it usually just a couple of classes and you head to as many extra classes as you like?

They will let ya hop into that begginers programme I'd say,just go and find out tell them you want to start now no point hanging about tomorrow aint guaranteed,

All clubs are different some you pay a fee and get every class an some charge for the period of the programme up front your best off dropping in they will welcome you no bother there isnt any idiots in martial arts gyms anyways so remember that,they dont last.

Cheers for the advice.

Advertisement