Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog bit

• 28-10-2014 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

My cocker just took a nice chunk out of my finger (angry Lil b*tch) there was a tad bit of blood and skin gone. Its clean and stoped bleeding and covered in a plaster. Should I get a tetanus shot?? Family think it be grand what do you think??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

When's the last time you had one? Did you get the booster (most people forget)

You'll probably be okay without it.

Or....

You could die in agony, from muscle spasms so bad you're tearing your own ligaments. 230px-Opisthotonus_in_a_patient_suffering_from_tetanus_-_Painting_by_Sir_Charles_Bell_-_1809.jpg

Up to you really

(you really probably will be okay without it, but you also really SHOULD have the vaccination. Look at it this way, what possible reason could you have to not take an injection that could prevent you either getting very ill or dying, for the sake of 20 quid?)

anyways...my 2c an'all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Right working 9-5 tomorrow I'll pop In and get it

Made a lot of sense cheers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

OP, an anti-tetanus shot is recommended if your skin is broken after a dog bite, if you're not up to date on your cover.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement