Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows media Player not showing video......Help!

Options
  • 28-10-2014 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm doing an online course & the tutorial comes up with sound and no picture. I've tried disabling my vlc player plug in to allow windows media player to work but it's still the same. I'm rubbish at I.t stuff so anyone out there able to help thank you?

I have windows vista ( I know)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try installing a codec pack like K-Lite. The basic version should be enough. This will rule out the codec being an issue. If the issue persists try another internet browser, Internet Explorer may work best given the particular setup :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭mazi

Hi Yoyo,

I did download what codec software but the problem still persists. I also tried opening the link on internet explorer and nothing either. I can't fathom what the problem may be. Do you have any other suggestions as to what it could be? Could I possibly send you the link to see if it works with you please? (It's a recorded lecture from college)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

mazi wrote: »
    Hi Yoyo,

I did download what codec software but the problem still persists. I also tried opening the link on internet explorer and nothing either. I can't fathom what the problem may be. Do you have any other suggestions as to what it could be? Could I possibly send you the link to see if it works with you please? (It's a recorded lecture from college)

Drop me a PM with the link and I'll check it, will be tomorrow evening though before I get back off to bed now, up early for work tomorrow! :)

Nick

Advertisement