Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook convert to a page - can't open my account now.

Options
  • 28-10-2014 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I logged onto my business Facebook page (had friends) and it would not allow me to open the page.
    I followed instructions to convert it to a "like" page.
    Problem is, I login and it comes up to "convert your page to a time line". I have tried that twice (don't know if there is any point trying again). I can see from my personal Facebook account that the page exists and the amount of "friends" I had now are likes.
    Anybody have same issue and know how to login??
    Halloween is a time where I post lots of pictures and I feel I am loosing out a bit by not being able to open my page.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

It sounds like you were using a second personal page as a business page? You should be using a business page for the business and have it linked to your own personal account.

At this point I am not sure what way your page is setup but if you go to the top right theres a small down arrow which allows you to change between using facebook as a person or as a page, if you have it setup properly that option should be there and allow you to go between the two.

If you are using a personal page for business which it sounds like you are when you say you have friends on it you might want to consider changing this as personal pages are for non commercial use and facebook has been known to shut down peoples pages if found to be using personal pages for commercial use.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BrowmThomas

Yes, I was using 2 separate pages, one personal and one for the business. I opened them with two different emails too - one work and one personal.
    On my personal page, I can go to the top and manage a "like" page but i cannot mergw the two now.
    When I now login to what was the business page (fb have converted it to a like page) it tells me to convert the page but when I try to, nothing happens. Only the logout button is on top of the screen so I cannot do anything else with it.
    I have over 1000 on the business page, really don't want to loose that if at all possible.
    Thanks for your reply ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Try download pages manager and see if you are able to access it via the app not ideal but better than nothing if youbare having browser problems and get on to Facebook and let them figure it out.

Thanks a mil, will try that and hope for the best ☺

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

https://m.facebook.com/help/www/116067818477568

Try the steps in their. Ideally you should link the business page to your personal account if it gives you the option as thats how you should have been doing it from the start.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies, I deleted cookies on my laptop and don't know if it was that or not but it worked and I got to open my page :-)

Advertisement