Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the one thing?

Options
  • 28-10-2014 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

I love being a parent more than I thought I would and my son is my world. However occasionally I think about my life before I had him and miss certain things. So silly but sometimes I would love to just get up on a Sunday (after a lie on of course!) and just flop on the couch for the day watching bad reality tv!! No cooking for the week ahead no nappies to be changed no demands on me or my time. So I was wondering does anyone else have that 'one thing' they don't get to do anymore now they have kids?? God I feel guilty just asking ha!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

sleep, id love a whole day in bed....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ha! Theres more then one :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I'd love more than 3 hours sleep a night ( currently having a leap + eye teeth+ cold+ clock change = no sleep for the past 10 days)

I'd love to read A book again

Go to the gym there's never the time or the energy

WatCh something other than fireman Sam....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Sleep is number one. The other is those impromptu few drinks with a friend after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

See I'm so sleep deprived I wrote four things when you only asked for 1......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Aside from sleep: dresses and tight tops. After being pregnant and/or breastfeeding since oct 2011 I really really miss non breastfeeding friendly clothes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Id love to be able to hear just one voice talking to me at one time instead of three (my OH is included in that number :)).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

To be able to start, carry out and successfully complete a conversation with my husband. Without interruption.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Taajsgpm

I love being a parent more than I thought I would and my son is my world. However occasionally I think about my life before I had him and miss certain things. So silly but sometimes I would love to just get up on a Sunday (after a lie on of course!) and just flop on the couch for the day watching bad reality tv!! No cooking for the week ahead no nappies to be changed no demands on me or my time. So I was wondering does anyone else have that 'one thing' they don't get to do anymore now they have kids?? God I feel guilty just asking ha!

Yepy everyone kmows this answer SLEEEEP baby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sweet Rose

Going shopping and buying everything for me! I really miss my nights out, getting dolled up at a leisurely pace while enjoying a few drinks, going out having lots of cocktails and ending up a house party into the wee small hours. Not having to think about getting back to a babysitter or having a shoite hangover the next day.

I miss my youth. I miss feeling and looking fresh. I miss my sleep ins and duvet days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Sleep. A guaranteed full nights sleep. Every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Sleep (crazy how 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep make you ecstatic, announcing it to the world, while people with no kids just look at you as if you'd two heads and would consider that a 'bad night' :eek:)

And I'd like my figure back please. No amount of exercise is going to get rid of that pouch after two sections :(

Oh, and vegging out with a takeaway on the couch in front of the tele, just once.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Miss my pre pregnancy body. After 3 sections I don't like the look of myself!

Also I miss exercising daily. Something I did when I didn't have children even twice daily. Now I'm lucky to get once a week :-(

O I also miss eating.... And eating hot food....!

..... And drinking hot tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Duvet days, definitely duvet days!! A day spent in PJs, with a fire lit, eating rubbish, watching movies and finishing off with a big dirty take away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

I always feel so guilty when i sometimes wish i had the freedom i once had. The freedom to go the gym, meet the girls, go shopping, sleep in etc. all at my own leisure. That one thing though is coming home from work mid week and just relaxing either in a hot bath or chilling watching tv in my PJs. Pure bliss :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Lie ins and being able to run to the shop for milk anytime !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Being able to lie in bed/on the couch pitying myself when I'm ill, now I still have to look after someone else first regardless of how I'm feeling!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

The ability to spontaneously have a night out or a date. Everything has to be planned and coordinated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I'd love more than 3 hours sleep a night ( currently having a leap + eye teeth+ cold+ clock change = no sleep for the past 10 days)

I'd love to read A book again

Go to the gym there's never the time or the energy

WatCh something other than fireman Sam....

Yeah and Paw Patrol .... driving me nuts ...

I'd love another lie in on weekends, and when the clocks change ... what a nightmare, he doesn't seem to understand the whole "Extra hour" in bed concept ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

I miss not having to take days/weeks to organize a night out where both of us go out. I miss being lazy. I miss my house staying clean. I miss having money. I miss being able to not worry about anyone else but myself. I miss my old figure. I miss having clean clothes.
    I also miss not having childrens cartoon theme songs stuck in my head for hours(right now its the bubbleguppies theme song) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Sunday lunchtime hungover shags

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭hagoonabear

Not having to share my food , little one is 11 months and always makes a grab for anything I eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

A hot cup of coffee, start to finish.

Reading the paper/ipad/book without it being grabbed.

Eating a meal without indigestion

Being able to relax fully without having to keep an ear on the baby monitor or watch what he's crawling into.

Not having to wait until my OH is free to watch him in order to have a shower (or a pee!)

Being able to say 'fluck it!'' and head out on a night out at 11pm without any form of forward planning.

Being able to continue said night out to the after party, the after after party, the early house, and rollover till you drop AND revel in the two-day hangover.

Afternoon delight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭hiddenmongoose

sleep,lie ins, cuddles with the wife on a sat or sun morn.

Im sick to death of mickey mouse clubhouse,catch myself humming it!!

Anytime spontaneous sex, not just when he is asleep.

ability for us to go do our own things separately at weekends instead of one of us being tied to the house minding himself.

Peace and quiet in the house .

Im sick to death of child safety locks on everything, cant wait till they are gone.

having to close every door in the house to stop him wandering into places.

having a few quid in my back pocket.

feel guilty saying these things but my god do they piss me off no end and how much i miss the freedom and ''carefreeness'' we used to have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

A cup of tea in peace

Haven't read a book since I was pregnant on my 1st

Would love a day out shopping nice lunch and buying stuff for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

A cup of tea in peace

Haven't read a book since I was pregnant on my 1st

Would love a day out shopping nice lunch and buying stuff for me

I had to laugh at my OH, we went to Lanzarote a few weeks ago with 1yr old - a couple of nights before we left, he was merrily downloading five or six new books to his Kindle. He was fully convinced he was going to get to read them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I miss sleep

but also having concentration. I find myself halfway through a conversation and ....... forget what i was even talking about. Ive had to be prompted.
    also no concentration to watch tv.
    In bed by approx 9 pm most nights. Take out a book and find myself hitting my head with it nit even 10 mins later (falling asleep)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Spontaneity. Maybe it will come back, but at the moment, everything is fairly well planned to the bone.

I miss being able to just hop on a train / into the car and go somewhere for a weekend.

Advertisement